Skip to main content

A little unsure

More
17 years 3 months ago #19350 by RootComputing
Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum and for some reason I don't know why I never looked on forums for networking advice. Anyway, I am planning on taking my CCNA this month. Hopefully within 2 weeks or so. I went through the CNAP program in high school and its been a 1-2 years since then.I was a little rusty and have attempted the CCNA before, but failed. I have been reviewing for about 3-4 weeks now of just cramming through my CCNA book along with the router sims, practice tests and flash cards. I also know some cisco people so I have a few PoE switches and routers to mess with on my network.

I have read some of your guys posts about personal experiences with the test, but I noticed that they are all different. The test I know is random, but my question is..is there certain things the test will ALWAYS throw at you. I see some people get one simulation while others get four. When I took the test I got hit with a switch question, but must have gotten it wrong because after that I just continued to recieve switch questions along with EIGRP.

Having failed it once, I am a little nervous to go again and drop another $125 on the test. I have read over the other tips you guys gave, but does anyone have anything new? Thanks in advance guys, this forum is great for getting advice.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19351 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: A little unsure
nnbnbI know this sounds a little dry but you will always be asked questions based on this link depending on whether you choose the single exam or the two exam route.

www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/l...ation_type_home.html

You could be asked questions to test what theory you know of the topic and/or what you can achieve practically by putting the theory into practice on simulated lab equipment.

The thing about the Cisco certs, compared to others, is that you really have to know your stuff to get through (well theoretically) including the theory behind it all and your ability to sit in front of a switch/router and get it configured up and working as required. That, at the end of the day, is what the employers are paying the money for and why the Cisco certs are held in such high regard by them.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19571 by buulam
Replied by buulam on topic Re: A little unsure
When I failed back when I was doing my CCNA, it was on the router sim so I'd recommend being able to navigate the IOS like the back of your hand. I went back and really worked on that (among refreshing on everything else) and aced the exam.

thats a few years back though. maybe the router sims are easier or even harder now
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds