Skip to main content

Information about CEH

More
17 years 4 months ago #19014 by tazziewan
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie without much hands-on experience on network security stuffs. Came across CEH lately and find out that it covers pretty much the basic. Would it be advisable to take up this course as to expose myself to the various tools and techniques. gain some experience and maybe expand from there onwards?
More
17 years 4 months ago #19051 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: Information about CEH
Hi there,
I've no experience in security myself, but i'll suggest you gain experience in the field before you tackle this certification. Security in itself is a broad discipline which requires extensive experience and deep technical knowledge, this is gain when you're actually working on the field.

As you did not mention about your background, I'll suggest you start with the basics. You can start by learning about different operating systems, their strenght and weaknesses, know about different exploit (software, wireless,wired,web). Technics to break some/all of these will be highly recommended even though you're coming on the side of defense to be able to understand these exploit.

If you're financially stable, you can sign up for the course but mind you, the requirement is not that easy, it's best to read about it to see, but from memory you should have some years of experience and also a company has to sponsor or endorse your application to sit for the course. You might get some institutions who will offer the course without requiring any of these ( beware!!)

Hope this helps but there're others who will continue this chain so keep checking back..

Good luck!

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
17 years 4 months ago #19058 by tazziewan
Replied by tazziewan on topic Re: Information about CEH
Thanks Donanak

Do you know of any good sites that offers tutorials or study materials that I can build my foundation upon?
More
17 years 4 months ago #19080 by donanak
Replied by donanak on topic Re: Information about CEH
Hi tazziewan,
This site has enourmous amount of materials that you can't digest even if we give you years..

Can someone ping taziewan link to the networking section..

Good Luck!

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
More
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds