Skip to main content

Guys help me out

More
20 years 5 months ago #1795 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Guys help me out
I agree with Sahirh on the hands on experience. No amount of books or simulators are going to give the same experience and understanding of the routers than when you have to take 3 routers and make them talk to each other. It just isn't the same on the Sims (although they are great for what ifs and labs).

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 5 months ago #1854 by Mando
Replied by Mando on topic Re: Guys help me out
There are also some really good training material available from CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Keystone. They are not slide presentations but rather multimedia.

www.cbtnuggets.com has some free videos you can check out.

They only cost about $200 bucks but they have tons of info, about 80 hours worth of teaching.

I took the Cisco Academy, and spent about a month going over the videos. Dude, and I aced the test.

I am currently doing my MCSE 2000 track. I don't want to get paper certified, because my job is pretty technical and I need the knowledge. I took some MCSE classes in college, but I slacked it big time and never learned anything but how to add users.

Now that I need my certs, I bought the CBT nuggets and Learnkey material and I have taken 3 tests in less than 3 months, by using the videos. They really do go in depth, but be sure to use some kind of tests to test yourself. Learnkey has these tests at the end of the material, or you can choose to go with Trancenders, Testkings, or www.mcsebraindumps.com

One note on the Testkings and Braindumps is that don't rely on them. This is how you get paper certified, and when it comes down to it in the real world you won't know what you are doing. You have to hit the books, and lab.
More
20 years 5 months ago #1855 by Mando
Replied by Mando on topic Re: Guys help me out
There are also some really good training material available from CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Keystone. They are not slide presentations but rather multimedia.

www.cbtnuggets.com has some free videos you can check out.

They only cost about $200 bucks but they have tons of info, about 80 hours worth of teaching.

I took the Cisco Academy, and spent about a month going over the videos. Dude, and I aced the test.

I am currently doing my MCSE 2000 track. I don't want to get paper certified, because my job is pretty technical and I need the knowledge. I took some MCSE classes in college, but I slacked it big time and never learned anything but how to add users.

Now that I need my certs, I bought the CBT nuggets and Learnkey material and I have taken 3 tests in less than 3 months, by using the videos. They really do go in depth, but be sure to use some kind of tests to test yourself. Learnkey has these tests at the end of the material, or you can choose to go with Trancenders, Testkings, or www.mcsebraindumps.com

One note on the Testkings and Braindumps is that don't rely on them. This is how you get paper certified, and when it comes down to it in the real world you won't know what you are doing. You have to hit the books, and lab.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds