Skip to main content

certifications order

More
18 years 3 months ago #12601 by freenet
certifications order was created by freenet
hello, i have a 4 years degree in computers engineering but till the moment i've just done various courses and bits of internal training, now its time to take things seriously, and hope im not wrong the way to do that is passing some or all the certifications no ? please tell me what to get first ? :
CCNA , A+ , MCSE , NET+ , CCIE , or CCNP .
More
18 years 3 months ago #12736 by buulam
Replied by buulam on topic Re: certifications order
A+ is a nice confidence booster to start off with :)

The order I got my certs is A+, MCP, MCSA, MSCE, MCSA: Security, CCNA. These were a requirement to finish my program at school. I've begun working towards CCNP now.
More
18 years 3 months ago #12869 by Tormentor
Replied by Tormentor on topic Re: certifications order
You have a nice collection of certs. I advise you to take them in this order...

A+
NET+
CCNA
CCNP
CCIE
MCSE

The CompTia certs (A+ & Network+) are very basic and will give you a nice foundation for the Cisco certs. Cisco requires you to take their tests in this order. And be aware that the CCIE is going to be a real BEAR!!

Good luck and let us know how you're progressing. :wink:
More
18 years 3 months ago #12871 by cisman
Replied by cisman on topic Re: certifications order
YES i totally agree with the tormentor. the real deal is in CCIE and its kind of hard or else say "really hard". but hey guys nothing is really impossible

hard work and determination can do the job and hey forgot to say about love for (networking) cisco is the one of the most important thing needed i guess :wink:
More
18 years 3 months ago #12878 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: certifications order
If you are worried about the A+ and the Net+, the CCIE is the least of your worries. Get your A+ and Net+ like the other said. Then you'll want to get your CCNA. After that, come back here but I have a feeling that once you get those three, you'll have an idea of all the different branches of training and certification there are.

Good luck. Come back here if you have questions. The community is great and you don't get smart ass answers. Everybody is willing to help each other out. It is a great community.

Drew
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds