Skip to main content

CCNA Help

More
18 years 5 months ago #12064 by yotam
CCNA Help was created by yotam
i just want to say that this web site is the best.

ok i am study for the CCNA.
i have this stuff for my studay

1)Cisco Networking Academy Program 3.0
2)The book First Year Companion Guide
3)The Cisco CNAP CCNA First-Year Companion Guide it have lab's
4)Netsim CCNA
5)This Web Site. The Best Web Site

Do i need more stuff???

this is the right why for the CCNA Certiflaction?

please tell if i need more.

Thank You Soo much.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12181 by TCD43
Replied by TCD43 on topic Re: CCNA Help
Are you using a home lab set-up, or strictly relying on simulators?
More
18 years 4 months ago #12184 by yotam
Replied by yotam on topic Hi
I hsve a home lab with only 2 router's.
I am using the sim.
i hope the lab going to be on line soon.
More
18 years 1 week ago #14578 by gepon
Replied by gepon on topic Sybex
Hey if you are studing for ccna then sybex is the best book you can ever read. That is sybex fifth edition by tod lam.

Bsc.Management, CCNA,
SERVICE TO HUMANITY IS THE BEST WORK OF LIFE.
More
18 years 1 week ago #14588 by Tyrannosaur
Replied by Tyrannosaur on topic Re: CCNA Help
I agree with gepon... the Sybex guide (by Todd Lammle) is the by far the best study guide for the CCNA exam (especially for subnetting!). You need to be careful because when purchasing from your favorite bookstore. The current exam number is 640-801. I just came back from Barns and Noble and was pricing some books I wanted to use to supplement my study program for the available commands in the CLI and I saw a Delux Edition CCNA study guide. I thought, "Cool... this may be exactly what I need." I was shot down in flames because the guide was for exam 640-607... it was outdated! To top it all off, the bookstore still wanted to charge full price anyway!

If you are interested, two books I would recommed to get a good grasp on the Cisco IOS are the CCNA Portable Command Guide by Scott Empson (Cisco Press) and Cisco IOS In A Nutshell by James Boney (O'Reilly & Associates). These explain some topic in greater detail that the Sybex guide briefly cover (especially NAT).

Best of luck to you in your studies!
[/b]
More
18 years 4 days ago #14654 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: CCNA Help
I agree, Sybex gives another view of the same topics but from a slightly different angle and is also fun to read.

One book which doesn't get mentioned much is

Computer Networks 4th Edition by Andrew Tanenbaum, March 2003
ISBN: 0-13-066102-3

I use this book as well as Sybex and Cisco Press as it goes into greater detail about networking concepts and theories involved in CCNA. (Remember CCNA is the building block most of the other exams are built upon) Almost no Cisco stuff in it though.

The 2nd edition of this text was used as my course book at Uni for the Networks 1st year course. The 4th edition is fairly upto date and proves to be a great accompanyment to the Sybex and Cisco press.

Most importantly though, it doesn't matter how much stuff you have. The hard part is reading it all and remembering it.

Good luck with you CCNA study.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds