Skip to main content

CCNA - Certification

More
20 years 6 months ago #1256 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: CCNA - Certification
I don't know what version you have, but I have used versions 3 - 4 and you get a bunch of the following: 1900 switch, 2960 switch, 2600 router and hosts.

At the moment, I have about 8 routers, 10 1900 switches and 7 2960 switches as well as about 15 hosts. They are all on a blank screen that allow me move them anywhere as well as connect them in any configuration I can think of.

I am using Visualizer 4.0 at the moment and you also have to realize that this is for the CCNA so there are no firewalls.

You configure them exactly as you do in real life. You connect them by drawing lines from ports on one device to another. For hosts, you don't have an IPconfig in your dos prompt, but you do have an IP config for setting them up and you ping other hosts to see if they are there and whether your configuration is working correctly.

You may have the older version, which shows you a configuration on your screen with about 7 or 8 routers and links already set up and it is up to your to put in the commands to make the links work.

I can't really compare it to Boson, so I have no way of knowing whether Boson has more or not. I do know that there were (and may have changed) certain commands that didn't have all the parameters on the real routers, but this was very few and didn't really cause any problems.

And there are tons of labs to work with - whether they are Todd Lammles or not, who cares - if they work and help you pass the CCNA test, which is exactly what the simulator is for.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1257 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: CCNA - Certification
Talking about simulators, I'm expecting one from Cisco, its a CIM IP Routing Link-State protocols simulator:
www.ciscopress.com/catalog/product.asp?p...47-9B22-8806764F377D }

It's looking interesting and since its for free, I can't argue about it!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 6 months ago #1258 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: CCNA - Certification
Nope,

can't complain about free.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 1 month ago #3129 by Teppei
Replied by Teppei on topic Re: CCNA - Certification
I love the fact that the Boson has that "drag and drop" network designer where you can design a network by dragging and dropping routers, switches and hosts, then easily configure each device. Unfortunatly you cannot configure componets with the demo download. Any free software similar to what i have described?
More
20 years 2 weeks ago #3392 by richelle214
i just have quick question.....

im just new here in firewall.cx....how will i enroll for microsoft certification program?....do they offer a special class online?...please reply!!!....thank you very much!!!!....

"long live linksys"
More
19 years 6 months ago #5539 by NeoPonder
Replied by NeoPonder on topic Re: CCNA - Certification
8)
any body tried this one:
www.semsim.com/router-simulator-commands.html

its only 39$.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds