Skip to main content

how do u hide the computer details.........

More
19 years 7 months ago #5479 by gohan
:)
hi there.. m new to this site..

so here is ma doubt... i visited a site.... and it showed ma computer details like my ip address, the time,cpu temp....etc. i wonder how they got these information. i m using a ZA pro 5.1 firewall and there is an option " hide my IP addresss when applicable " its been enabled and still the site knows my ip.
well ive heard, that the browsers do give some information, but do they give info's like cpu temp and all those????? if not how does they get these info ....???

i would like to know , how i can hide my ip and my computer details, wen i use my browswers.

Gohan
More
19 years 7 months ago #5481 by sahirh
Well... the CPU temp etc is not a detail that is passed in an HTTP request for sure Wink Did the site ask you to download some activex control etc ? That is the only way it could do something like that.. either that or its lying...

Furthermore, getting the CPU temp would require it to know which motherboard and chipset you have, as well as which sensors the board has... anyone who's fiddled with temperature monitoring utilities will know that this is not something that can be ascertained automatically.... basically I think its lying to you...

Your browser might be sending across a lot of information about you.. if you want to limit what goes out, including your IP address, consider using an anonymous proxy.. you can try anonymizer.com... or better yet, setup a proxy from www.stayinvisible.com's list... you can even get programs that will allow you to split requests between proxies.. this can occasionally even give a slight boost in speed.. if the proxy has a fast uplink and you have a quicker connection to the proxy than to the target server directly.

As far as stripping out other details goes, you can get a program such as proxomitron that will allow you to modify the browser's requests on the fly... very useful for seeing what's going on under the hood.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 3 months ago #7251 by Sophie
It's very easy to hide your IP for privacy reasons. I use this program : www.themobiweb.com/en/Go-Liberty/Go-Liberty.html to do that.

So-So
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds