Skip to main content

can i get help

More
19 years 11 months ago #3766 by waleednet
can i get help was created by waleednet
hi,
i am waleed i am study the master and i must build a new feature with firewall now i must work with application layer and network layer therefor i need source code for simple personal firewall then i develop it

with thanx
More
19 years 11 months ago #3791 by dreamer
Replied by dreamer on topic Re: can i get help
nnbnbHi,

I'm writing on the same subject also so I can graduate. I think you will find everything you need right here iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html .

Greets
Dreamer
More
19 years 11 months ago #3792 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: can i get help
Hi Dreamer,

What exactly is the title of your degree ? I'm guessing its got something to do with computer science ?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 11 months ago #3817 by dreamer
Hi,

well I don't know a good translation but it should be something like commercial engineer with a major in computer science. But it's very theoretical not much hands on things to do :s The studies take 5 years so that should be something like a masterdegree I think.

Most importance went out to economics and stuff then after three years I chose to specialize in computer science . Really regretted I dind't choose to study computer science in the beginning. Cause the things that really interest me like security, networking, operating systems, ... are just treated superficially
More
19 years 11 months ago #3834 by dreamer
nnbnbnnbnbHi Waleednet,

I did some research because you wanted to build a firewall under windows for windows and I found this on the net :

sudhirmangla.i6networks.com/personal/Firewall.htm or www.ntkernel.com/utilities/tdi_fw.shtml I hope this helps you out.

You might also try observing some firewalls like ZoneAlarm with programs like dependency walker to see which dll's they use under windows. The more you understand about the working of those firewalls the better the one you build we be.

Good luck with it

Ciao
More
19 years 11 months ago #3842 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: can i get help
Dreamer,

You sure your not related to Sahir in any way ? :) If you think you made a bad moving studying economics and changing to CS later on, you should ask Sahir about his experience ! He's got a full degree in economics and he's our Security advisor!

It just come to show that if you like doing something, then do it and you'll certainly excel in it!

Good luck!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds