Skip to main content

NAT issue in PIX

More
16 years 7 months ago #23593 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: NAT issue in PIX
Hi All

Thakns for your replies.

The actual requirement is Server is placed in our office and our clients from outside is trying to access this server. It was accessible very long back. Now again they are trying to access this server but now they are unsuccessful.

There is one more server for same client in our office with same IP subnet which also having the same kind of ACL & static NAT and which is working fine.

Please let me know if you need any more information. As its very strange issue I dont how to fix. Please help me on this.

Dove
More
16 years 7 months ago #23606 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: NAT issue in PIX
Its not something daft like the default gateway on the server ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23616 by Dove
Hi Smurf,

Sorry I dont understan what do mean by default gateway here... the problem here is the particular static NAT is not happening.

Dove
More
16 years 7 months ago #23617 by Smurf
Hi Dove,

I was just thinking, if this has been working in the past and no changes have been made to the Pix to break this, then it could be a miss-configured default gateway on the server. Usually the NAT working on the way out to NAT the internal IP Address with an external Public IP ADdress. When its coming inwards through a Static, the original source address is maintained therefore the server needs to be able to route to the public address back through the Pix.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

More
16 years 7 months ago #23618 by Dove
Ok, If its default gateway is misconfigured then it will not be pingable from PIX (if I am not wrong)...but from PIX I can ping the server with its Native / local IP.

Dove
More
16 years 7 months ago #23620 by Smurf
That would be true if its not on the same subnet as the pix interface. Your post doesn't give any details of how its configured, without that i'm affraid i am unable to suggest anything further.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds