Skip to main content

SonicWall TZ-170 issue

More
16 years 7 months ago #23393 by psiclonius
Hey everyone,

I wanted to see if I'm this is a unqiue situation. I have a Sonicwall TZ-170 in a remote office connecting via a site to site VPN connection.

The Sonicwall will be working fine and then all of a sudden the LAN link goes out. I can remote into the device and the LAN status is "no link". I also have a green link light on the sonicwall LAN port. I rebooted the TZ-170 and it comes up for a few minutes and then dies again. After serveral reboots it finally stay up (...but for how long).

I had this same issues about a month ago and RMA'ed the unit and now it happening on the new TZ-170. I have talked with sonicwall support and we have updated the firmware serveral times. The weird thing is if a connect a PC directly to the TZ-170 it seem to work. I reboot the TZ-170 again and then it stops. It seem to be something different everytime I reboot the unit.

I have tested all the device connected to the D-link switch by giving them a static IP and pinging other devices and printing to a network printer.

Has anyone else had any LAN issues with the TZ-170?

Sorry in advance if this is confusing, I'm still upset about the outage, and upper management doesn't seem to think its a sonicwall issue. :x
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds