Skip to main content

Locking down Wireless LANs

More
20 years 4 months ago #1916 by sahirh
Since WLANs are becoming really big, I thought these tips on WLAN security might be useful for those of you who have an implementation.

seclists.org/lists/isn/2003/Dec/0008.html

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #1982 by Dabogimp
very nice info, i showed it to my instructor, because we have a wireless network in our classroom.

btw for anyone who wants to know im studying to get my CCNA certification

I am so LEET guys dont listen to anyone else
More
20 years 4 months ago #1985 by sahirh
Dabogimp, if you're studying for the CCNA, have a look in our Certifications Books & More forum, there are a couple of posts there with some very good information. Chris and I recently recertified and we've both given our opinion of the exam as well as some tips.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #1991 by Neon
Replied by Neon on topic Re: Locking down Wireless LANs
Thanks for posting that URL sahirh, I was actually asking about Wireless security in my post in the design forum, and the URL you provided here answered a lot of my questions :D

Thanks again!
More
20 years 3 months ago #2509 by abdulla
hi sahir
thanks for this post from your side
and we are hoping a new chapter in ur site related to WLAN

coz w have many doubt in it
so please include a chapter for WLAN from basic to End

thanks

abdullaaaaaaaaaa
More
20 years 3 months ago #2514 by sahirh
Hehe Wi-Fi is another thing on the (long) list of topics we're trying to cover. To give you an update on how things are going :

Chris is 99% done with the most complete section on TCP you'll ever feast your eyes on. After that he's threatened to go after VLANs.

I'm halfway through an article on Windows Service configuration, and an article on portscanning.

Perhaps we can bully tfs into writing something on Wi-Fi.. he's been really busy off late, but it would be something I'd look forward to reading as well.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds