Skip to main content

IpCop and connection limit ?

More
18 years 4 months ago #12367 by stanyo

If you are not able to replace the modem, do you if know there are any firmware updates for it?

I know that is new firmware update which change maximum connection from 200 to 500. But modem is locked with password.

You could also try getting your users to lower the maximum connections setting in their peer to peer software settings.

This method not work. :)
I think the connection limit is the best solution for me. But i have no experience.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12368 by DaLight

You could also try getting your users to lower the maximum connections setting in their peer to peer software settings.

This method not work. :)

I thought so! Just a desperate suggestion in case you had reasonable and responsible users!!

So your ISP supplied the modem and have locked access to the config settings with a password. Will they not agree to upgrade the firmware then or supply you with a modem that works?
More
18 years 4 months ago #12375 by stanyo

So your ISP supplied the modem and have locked access to the config settings with a password. Will they not agree to upgrade the firmware then or supply you with a modem that works?

I ask but they refuse. I ask to buy new modem but they refuse too :shock: - the company policy.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12388 by DaLight
I know this may be harder than it sounds depending on your situation, but is it possible to get a new ISP?
More
18 years 4 months ago #12389 by stanyo

but is it possible to get a new ISP?

No. I sign one year contract. In my town there is only three ISP's.
This one is "the best". Actually this ISP is only one with ADSL for my country. With two words i live in 18 century :D so please help.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12390 by stanyo

but is it possible to get a new ISP?

No. I sign one year contract. In my town there is only three ISP's.
This one is "the best". Actually this ISP is only one with ADSL for my country. With two words i live in 18 century :D so please help.
Thanks for the patience.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds