Skip to main content

multihoming t ISP to one local router

More
19 years 6 months ago #5924 by pndennie
I am trying to bring in a new ISP link and set up failover in our router. I tried putting it in today and it ran very very slow. I have purchased a new Cisco 2801 for this task. I have a T-1 l;ink to one ISP (ISPA) and a fiber link connected via ethernet interface (ISPB) and my local interface (with IP address in the same range as ISPA) It looked like everything was set fine ( I am running default static routes giving ISPA a higer metric) the failover did its job. I verified this vie trace routes before and after failover. But the slowness has me puzzled and ideas?
More
19 years 6 months ago #5938 by Chris
pndennie,

T1 and fiber links to your ISP ? You must be situated in the USA or UK :)

I would simply check the router's interfaces and possibly debug them in order to see if there are any major errors which might have not been picked up by your ISP - e.g packet errors, incorrect subnetmask configuration e.t.c.

Would it be possible to provide us with a diagram of your setup and configuration of your router for us to review ?

If you have problems uploading or linking to your diagram (in case its a picture), let us know so we may upload it here on our forums.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds