Skip to main content

DNS Issue Pls help.

More
19 years 10 months ago #4140 by kingoftechs
Hi guys,

Have a prob pls help, I have a linksys router and some machines, Only one machine is unable to resolve DNS. It pings all web sites with the Ip address but not with names. Other 36 machines on the same network work fine.

(XP Machine)

Have tried.
1 Uninstalling and reinstalling the card.
2 TCP/Ip stack refresh
3 Put static DNS addresses from the router to the Machine
4 Firmware upgrade of the router.

Am left with nothing so pls help me

Rakesh Menon
More
19 years 10 months ago #4149 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: DNS Issue Pls help.
Since all the other machines work fine, I can think of two possibilities:

- Your router or an intermediate filtering device, or a software firewall on the PC itself blocks outgoing UDP/TCP requests on port 53 only for that machine (seems unlike though).

- The Windows local resolver is missconfigured. It may not try to forward to the dns server's addresses you've specified (which I guess you've checked to be correct, right?), or it could be that a DNS address on top of (with a higher priority than) the one supposed to resolve internet addresses is being used first and returns an error. Is your dns configuration in your NIC's advanced properties set up the same way as in all the other PCs? :?
More
19 years 10 months ago #4160 by kingoftechs
Replied by kingoftechs on topic Re: DNS Issue Pls help.
Tried that, I even refershed the TCP/IP stach and reinstalled.
I got the DNS Addresses from the Router itself and the ISP too.

THX any way Mate.

Rakesh Menon
More
19 years 10 months ago #4265 by n8
Replied by n8 on topic Re: DNS Issue Pls help.
Can you directly ping the dns servers from the xp machine you are having trouble with?

Can you use nslookup at the prompt to directly query dns from those dns servers from the problem box?

Do you have any other interfaces in the xp box?

Some things to check.

N8
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds