Skip to main content

Catalyst 1900 Home Network

More
19 years 10 months ago #3987 by gsxrboi600
I'm a cisco novice and I setup a catalyst 1900 in my house. I can ping with in the network but I can't go on th internet (cable modem). Anyone know where i can find info for this? Thanks!
More
19 years 10 months ago #3994 by MaXiMuS
ok , so you've put up a catalyst 1900 switch at your home. how many machines have you connected to it ? ( not that it makes any difference to this problem of yours) . You said you are using a cable modem to connect to the internet .... do you plug the modem directly into the switch or do you have a router in between ? As you can ping your internal network , it means the problem is on the outside . First check the port on the switch which you are using to connect to the modem or router.If you can assign an IP to the modem , see if you can ping that . You could even setup a machine bypassing the switch and see if you can access the internet .
More
19 years 10 months ago #4004 by gsxrboi600
I can ping my xbox in the network, but I have not configured the port going to the router. Do I use the routers addy for that port? Thanks!-John
More
19 years 10 months ago #4005 by sahirh
You need to configure any device to use the cable modem / router as the default gateway

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds