Skip to main content

help: no CLI Prompt on UC520-48

More
9 years 11 months ago #38528 by Mmendoza11
:(

someone Passed down to me a UC520 router. I was not told of any issues with the router at all. I took the router home and at first the router will boot to ROMMON every time. I assume the IOS was either deleted or corrupted.

I attempted these methods for troubleshooting at first.: (see the link)

www.dslreports.com/faq/13824

none of these method worked I then attempted to change the boot characteristics to get it to boot helper image.

change the boot characteristics? y/n [n]: y
enter to boot:
0 = ROM Monitor
1 = the boot helper image
2-15 = boot system
[0]:

after i did these changes and reset the router. I get absolutely no promt, no rommon or anything. the window on teraterm is just blank. does anyone know ho to get the rommom promt back ?
More
9 years 11 months ago #38529 by Chris
Mendoza,

You should get something on your terminal - even in Rom Mon mode. I had come across a similar problem with a Cisco 877 router - it ended up being a faulty console port and had to replace the router.

If you can't get anything showing up, not even when you power-cycle the device, then I'm afraid you might have a faulty machine.

Chris,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mmendoza11
More
9 years 11 months ago #38530 by Mmendoza11
thank you for your reply.

at first Rommon it was al that I was getting. that is why i changed the boot characteristic to force it to boot the helper image instead of the rommon.

change the boot characteristics? y/n [n]: y
enter to boot:
0 = ROM Monitor
1 = the boot helper image
2-15 = boot system

ever since i made those changes i have not been able to get anything in my terminal. the router physically powers up and I see all the light up on the ports. ( no ligh on sys, poe or VM)

I discard the faulty terminal port since this happened after i made the changes. all i need is to get to that menu again and select to boot from ROM monitor at least. ROMMON is better than nothing.
More
9 years 11 months ago #38531 by Chris
mendoza11,

I understand what you are saying however if your not able to receive any information/output via the console port, I cannot think of anything else that can help. Can you try and see if there is a reset button on the UC520?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
9 years 11 months ago #38532 by Mmendoza11
The sys LED is not lit up.
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds