Skip to main content

100mpbs Link Speed/duplex property issue

More
13 years 6 months ago #35690 by spatro
Hello,

I am currently using Lenovo R61 with driver "Intel(R) 82566MC Gigabit Network Co". I used to connect to internet with LinkSpeed & duplex property value set to 100mbps/Full Duplex and now the problem is the connection is getting disconnected very frequently.

When I set the value to 10Mbps/Full Duplex I am able to connect with out any problem but the speed is very poor.

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
Patro.
More
13 years 6 months ago #35695 by beman
Patro, if you hard code you ethernet port on your laptop, you have to make sure it's hard coded also on the switch it is connected to. If your switch is manageable, you should be able to match the speed and duplex of the port the laptop is connected to on the switch. If you have to dumb down your connection so to speak, you may have a wiring infrastructure problem. Check your cables if you have a wire tester and see if it passes muster or get someone in to test your cable connection. Usually if you are connecting at a slower speed than your nic can handle, it's most likely a wiring issue. Good luck! :)
More
13 years 6 months ago #35704 by Chris
Patro,

Is the anyone else connecting to this same access point that is experiencing the same issues you are?

If not, then it is most probably a driver issue. I'd highly advise you visit the vendor's site, download the latest driver and try either upgrading it, or completely removing your existing driver and then installing the latest one from your vendor.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds