Skip to main content

Seeking Advice on a few things

More
14 years 3 months ago #33521 by GhostWorks
Hi all,

My first post here , I signed up to get very knowledgeable advice and idea's etc for some things I'm setting up at my new Home / Work { Hotel }

I do have a fair bit of knowledge but not enough , and nice to get a second opinion and suggestions from others , so I'm all ears!

First My Hardware

Mounted in a cabinet in the reception

Draytek Vigor2820VSn with 3 x Draytek ANT-1107 7dBi Omni-Antenna
DrayTek Vigor120 ( not in use yet as only 1 x adsl at the moment )
HP Procurve 1800-24G Switch
HP DataVault X510 ( Windows Home Server - 5TB )
QNAP TS-259 Pro ( 2 x 1TB Raid1 )
Apple Airport Express ( creating a WDS Bridge to Apple Extreme*)

*Apple Airport Extreme is located in my own lounge which is connected to Airport Express via WDS hidden WPA2/PSK no Clients or extended Bridge , sole only purpose to link both ends , as Airport extreme has 3 switch for PS3, Sony Media Centre and Sony Bravia TV

Issue's so far

1. Load Balance between HP Procurve 1800-24g to QNAP TS-259 Pro isn't working when i try to port trunk on the HP side so have to leave the qnap to use a different type of load balance ( Balance-alb [Adaptive Load Balancing] ) other than IEEE 802.3ad ( LACP enabled if possible )

2. I've created 3 SSID's , 1 is hidden at WPA2/PSK for usage for Staff and Hotel , 2. is visible for hotel guest's and is VLAN2 for internet only , 3 is visible and WEP 128 with only 1 device connected and its MAC as the only accepted MAC for that SSID ( as the device only uses visible wep setup
My issue is to setup a Radius Hotspot type free Wifi for guest's in almost the same way you'd do in other hotels / cafes on either QNAP or X510 WHS , any suggestions

3. I'm running a few services on the QNAP ( Joomla . XDove etc ) and Purchased 2 x website domains and would like to host them on the QNAP and use Vhost via apache conf , the supplier of the domain names said i'll need name servers to link to my static ip , would using and purchase "Simple DNS Plus' 5 Zone licence do the trick as it will improve internet access and allow name to ip resolution etc

4. Any other ideas will be very appreciative

Thanks
More
14 years 3 months ago #33522 by GhostWorks
Update

I'll soon be getting installed a second adsl for load balance via draytek vigor120, as well as 4 Access Points ( Draytek AP700 ) 1 for each floor to continue the same SSID's to each floor etc

then next stage is Panasonic IP cameras ( 4 of them ) to save on the X510 , as well as apparently the panasonics can be seen via vierra cast on my HD Panasonic blu-ray surround sound kit
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds