Skip to main content

a problem with console on router 2600

More
14 years 11 months ago #30496 by chertenok
Hi! So, what's the problem.. There is a router 2600, and I tried to load IOS from TFTP server, which was working on my desktop. So, I had copyed image from flash to tftp and then had loaded it... But a problem occured.
When the router is loading, it shows not the common !-s, but some unusual symbols, and then doesn't show anything, while I can connect to it via telnet and everything is well..
I tested my router on other desktops, but there are always the same unusual symbols, my own COM1 port is working properly (i had tested it with another switch)

Does anyone know what's the problem and is ther any cure? :?
More
14 years 11 months ago #30497 by toddwoo
Not 100% sure, but it sounds like you changed the console baud rate in rmmon (but that is not something you do accidentally). Console baud rate is how fast you talk to the router over the serial cable, normally 9600 but you can change it to 14400 57600 to speed up transfers over the serial cable.

Try different speeds on the console and see if one works...
More
14 years 11 months ago #30499 by S0lo
I agree with toddwoo that the baud rate is a very possible cause. You can change the console baud rate with some thing like this:

[code:1]Router(config)# line console 0
Router(config-line)# speed 9600[/code:1]

Offcourse, the baud rate set in the console application on your PC has to match with what you set on the router.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 11 months ago #30502 by chertenok
thanks toddwoo , S0lo
the problem was in baud rate ))
Now I've changed it
thank you for help =)
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds