Skip to main content

NAS BACKUP

More
15 years 6 months ago #27650 by sidekick
NAS BACKUP was created by sidekick
I would like to backup my two servers to a NAS.What is the best way to accomplish this?
More
15 years 6 months ago #27654 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: NAS BACKUP
sidekick,

The great thing about NAS is that it basically is a self contained computer that is connected to the network with an IP address. Now of course you can't carry out tasks like a computer workstation, but your able to have a file based storage to all other workstations/servers on the network.

You simply need to set the NAS IP address to be within your LAN IP schema. Than all your workstations/servers will see the NAS on the network, respectively.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 6 months ago #27657 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: NAS BACKUP
Depends on what you want to back up.

I back up specific directories on my servers by using robocopy. I backup the whole server, though, by using Acronis True Image Echo Server, but I think the Windows built-in backup utility can do this too.

As long as you have the NAS path mapped to a drive letter, you should have no issues since Windows will essentially see the NAS as another drive.

Check to see if your NAS came with a backup software. My NAS came with backup software but I chose to use something more robust and enterprise grade.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds