Skip to main content

setting up a access list and a vlan

More
16 years 8 months ago #23038 by MadFLy
i have finally got the access list to work like its "supposed" to. now all im having trouble with is the vlan.

appearantly none of the 2 classes could get the vlan to work. not even the lecturer...
More
16 years 8 months ago #23041 by skepticals
What was the problem with the VLAN? You needed to have one computer on Switch1 to be on the same VLAN as a computer on Switch2?

It's been awhile since I have used a 1900 switch. I think those have the old CAT OS on them.

Which ports were the workstations connected to on each switch? Make sure that they are in the same VLAN. I think you also have to enable VLAN tagging over the trunk.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23056 by MadFLy
The problem with the VLAN is that is doesn't show correctly on the "sh vlan-membership" command. the vlans of switch1 doesnt show on switch 2. and appeatantly it is suppose to show. but then the lecturer said that if one switch is set to server mode and the other to client mode, its ok, think theres a minor problem with the simulator program.

havent tried that vlan tagging on the trunk, all we had to do is enable those ports to "trunk mode on".
More
16 years 7 months ago #23058 by skepticals
I may be wrong, but I do not think the VLAN membership of other switches would show when giving that command. I belive the switch will only show information for VLANs of the current switch.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds