Skip to main content

Remote Desktop Can not see Printer

More
16 years 11 months ago #21713 by chandak76
I use RD (windows xp) to connet to my head office ( windows server 2003) from a branch office and every thing seems to work fine, my problem is that I can not see my default printer but can see one other printer on the network,I've tried to install the printer with no success.I've enabled windows printer mapping and LPT printer mapping with no success.The branch office in on a 192.x.x.x and the printer is shared through standard tpc/ip with a statin address, my head office is on a 172.x.x.x . Is there anything I can do to try and get this printer to work.Printer model is minolta Di250.

Thx
More
16 years 11 months ago #21714 by chandak76
Sorry I forgot to give the error message I get "Unable to install printer.Windows cannot install this printer until your system administrator first installs a new driver on your computer without the assistance of your system administrator, run the print troubleshooter and select the option that contains this message:

"The current printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks windows nt 4.0 or windows 2000 kernel-mode drivers""
[/img]
More
16 years 11 months ago #21766 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Need driver
When you say you installed the printer, do you mean you installed the driver? What happened after doing so?
More
16 years 10 months ago #22244 by junaidjan
Hi!!

In Remote Connection Dialog Box Click on "Options Tab" and then Click on "Local Resources" after that at the bottom check Printer Option and then see whether it will work or not!!
Cheers

Junaid
More
16 years 8 months ago #22929 by muriloninja

Hi!!

In Remote Connection Dialog Box Click on "Options Tab" and then Click on "Local Resources" after that at the bottom check Printer Option and then see whether it will work or not!!
Cheers

First thing I would have checked!

If not, he will need to install the driver on his machine. Will need admin rights.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds