Skip to main content

SMS Gateways

More
17 years 1 month ago #20607 by Benny
SMS Gateways was created by Benny
Hi Everyone,

Requirement:

To send SMS alerts if the Network goes down.

Current Scenario:
As of now we have configured the Monitoring software to send email alerts if the network goes down. But during weekends since we hardly check mails we miss these kinds of alerts.

Solution:
To setup a SMS gateway, pass the alerts from the monitoring software to the mobile phones.

Can anyone please help me out finding a open source SMS server to send alerts to my mobile phone if the network goes down?

Regards
Benny
More
17 years 1 month ago #20616 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: SMS Gateways
Just to clarify, are you looking for an open-source software solution that you can install and manage on your hardware, or do you just want a free SMS gateway?
More
17 years 1 month ago #20645 by SmartDude
Replied by SmartDude on topic Re: SMS Gateways
Yah, opensource SMS server is nice if we could get one :)
I also have been searching for it..

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
17 years 1 month ago #20647 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: SMS Gateways
Does it have to be open source? (ducks smartly to avoid the volley of stones). There are a few commercial but very reasonably priced applications out there that do this. For example have a look at www.gcrsoft.com/smsmaster . At first sight this looks like a GUI for sending SMS messages but you can call it from the command line (and hence a script), control it via DDE, Visual Basic etc and it can send messages in batches and to groups. All that and a site license for just over £50UK. We use it here and it does the business; all you need is a modem, a PC and a bit of software and you've got your SMS gateway
More
17 years 1 month ago #20732 by asimmcp
Replied by asimmcp on topic Re: SMS Gateways
Try this. its open source.

www.kannel.org/

Regards
Asim
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds