Skip to main content

Network Printer setup problem

More
17 years 9 months ago #15947 by johnwong
I am just replaced the print server(Jetdirect 175) on the back of HP business jet 1100, client computers are not abled to print to this printer, all the setup seems right, static IP, right gateway, and I add this printer through the corporate print server. Here is the problem; clients are not able to send any print job to this printer, any job send to it will just disappear, will not even go to the queue, if we paused the job, it will appear in the queue at the print server, but once I unpause the print job, it just disappeared.

I setup on one client computer to add this printer as local through TCP/IP, and it prints, but if I add a network printer through the corporate print server, it just wouldn't print. Also if a test page print job send directly from corporate print server, it will also print, I can't figured out what happened.

Can you give me any advice?
More
17 years 9 months ago #15964 by Alans
i think there is a problem in your ip configuration, also try to cancel all print pages from rightclick on the printer >> cancel all...

always Face your Fears...
More
17 years 9 months ago #15978 by DaLight
From what you're saying it would appear to be a problem with the printer share on your corporate print server rather than with the HP print server. This is because any computers which print directly to it (via TCP/IP) don't have any problems. I would recommend deleting the printer (and share) on the corporate print server and recreating it.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16025 by sahil_ayesha

From what you're saying it would appear to be a problem with the printer share on your corporate print server rather than with the HP print server. This is because any computers which print directly to it (via TCP/IP) don't have any problems. I would recommend deleting the printer (and share) on the corporate print server and recreating it.

hey reinstall the printer driver from the clinet once again. and delete all the printing jobs and restart the printer oce again
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds