Skip to main content

Silly Laptops

More
19 years 8 months ago #4694 by Bublitz
Silly Laptops was created by Bublitz
I have a problem here I have an older laptop. Its a IBM Think Pad T22. It has a S3 Graphics Savage/ IX 1014 Video Card I have the latest driver Download from IBM's Web site. And S3 really dont do driver support so they dont have drivers on their site because they are generic. This laptop has a DVD player so I wanna hook it up to TV like I do with my home PC and see my video on that screen so I can have a portible DVD player. It has an S-Video out port and I have the proper cabling to hook it into PC and TV. I just cant seem to get it to work not easy like my NVIDIA card at home. I looked on IBM's web site they have an article on it i followed it but its NOT for win xp and the option is not there in windows XP to turn on S-Video out or "Clone" the screen to s-video out.
Thats My prob can anyone help (= thanks

P.S. My avatar wont load on this site either ist under 6kb and meets the pixel requirements what gives ?

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
19 years 8 months ago #4698 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Silly Laptops
I know a friend who has the same laptop... gimme a day or so I'll give him a call and ask if he knows anything about it.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 8 months ago #4724 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic OKies
Ok thanks (=

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
19 years 7 months ago #4793 by thompsg
Replied by thompsg on topic Re: Silly Laptops
Hi Guys.... saw a topic on laptops.. I'm kinda stuck.. I have a buddies laptop and the screen has a vertical blue line in it that won't go away.. I'm pretty sure its not software related.. its there as soon as the screen turns on ....

It has onboard graphics.. It shares the system memory.. Any idea what it might be and what I might have to replace on it? when it comes to hardware I'm somewhat weak..

Thanks,.
G
More
19 years 7 months ago #4794 by Cheetah
Replied by Cheetah on topic Re: Silly Laptops
Hi

My friend had similar problem on his Toshiba Laptop; instead of blue it was a red line (3-5 pixels width) from top to bottom. It was solved only after changing the LCD :( You may try the same.

Regards
Cheetah

Kind Regards,
<b>Cheetah</b>
<i>The outcome of devotion is, quality!</i>
More
19 years 7 months ago #4796 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Silly Laptops
Thompsg, as Cheetah said the only way to solve the problem is to change the LCD (which is very expensive). From the description i guess that the monitor has burned pixels, in brief the lcd monitos works as follows : every pixel has three associated transistors one for red, one for blue and one for green if any of them fails then the pixel takes the remaining color, if for example the blue and green transistors fail the pixel will be red. I hope i helped and that the laptop is on warranty or else your buddie will have to pay a lot in order to fix it.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds