Skip to main content

IE7 & gmail

More
16 years 4 months ago #24690 by S0lo
IE7 & gmail was created by S0lo
I recently upgraded to IE7 on my laptop. Nice new features. Bulky a little but fine. However, I've noticed that gmail takes ages to respond to my clicks. Hangs for like 5 seconds on every move I do. I was wondering if any one noticed the same problem ? Any fixes or something ?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 4 months ago #24693 by kerveros
Replied by kerveros on topic Re: IE7 & gmail
Hi S0lo...
did you try an other browser (Firefox for example). I don't have, and no one i know has a similiar problem. By the way.. dit you apply the latest updates to your IE7 ?
More
16 years 4 months ago #24694 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: IE7 & gmail
Hmm. My IE7 and Gmail get along fine. Do you have the problem just with Gmail?
More
16 years 4 months ago #24697 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IE7 & gmail
Have you tried clearing your cache, cookies, etc?
More
16 years 4 months ago #24706 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: IE7 & gmail
Thanks guys for the response.

Yes I've used Firefox, it works very fine with gmail. Yes the problems is just with gmail. It seams that the problem happens only when the mouse hovers or touches the right scroll bar of IE7 while on gmail !!. The CPU usage jumps to 100% for about 5 seconds slowing down every thing and comes back to zero afterwards. Clearing IEs cache did not help either.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 4 months ago #24708 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: IE7 & gmail
Are you running any add-ons to the IE7 browser or skins? I would suggest uninstalling IE7 and reinstalling it. Sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade. Also, limit your browser to just have status bar checked. Many times you'll have other applications opening up in your taskbar and you'll hardly notice the icons. Applications such as Adobe or Yahoo.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds