Skip to main content

new with command prompt....

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21162 by jatwill
hey guys i am new with command prompt and want to be good :( can some one please helppppp :?:

YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND IT SHALL SET YOU FREE
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21163 by durk21
Dos what that lol i thought it was the command prompt now lol Xp and above doesn't have dos anymore what version are you using?
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21164 by ashok_nitc
i never worked in DOS as a professional :P but when i need to use dos i just type help in the prompt to get the required query i want to use!
now i am familier with so many query! :wink: :P
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21170 by TheBishop
Xp and Win2k3 you can do pretty much everything with the GUI that you could do from a command prompt. However where the command line still scores is for writing batch files. And yes, you do still need batch files - to automate tasks such as backups and to provide enterprise login scripts for example. Having said that it's worth remebering that the command line (I'm still tempted to keep calling it 'DOS') is limited, and if you really want to be a Jedi Master at scripting then it would be worth looking at something like Perl or the new Windows Powershell that MS have recently introduced
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21180 by ashok_nitc
thanks Bishop... nice information!
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21184 by DaLight
Just to followup what the Bishop said about Windows Powershell. It has totally transformed the command-line landscape as it provides direct access to the .Net framework, thereby unlocking interesting possibilities.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds