Skip to main content

Wireless LAN and LAN

More
17 years 2 months ago #20009 by Benny
Wireless LAN and LAN was created by Benny
Hi all,

We have bought a new wireless router in our office. Normally we used to connect to office LAN (Physical) to connect to the internet. I also configured the wireless LAN for testing.

Next day before switching on the system, I connected the pc to the Office LAN and powered it on. When the system came up, it is showing me two network connections. One is Wireless LAN and other one is normal fixed LAN.

Actually I don't want the two network connections to be switched on at the same time, so usually I will disable one and start to work.

So my question is, whether it is possible to automatically disable one network connection when the other one is alive.

Thanks
Benny
More
17 years 2 months ago #20015 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Wireless LAN and LAN
hi

on the task bar below, u will see two lan icons , one for wirelesss lan and the other for physical lan. right click on the physical lan , u will see the option to disable just click it.

0r right click on my network places , right click on the connection u want to disable and disable it.

do u actually need to disable the physical connection. u can run both together without any problem

I remain
sose

Were u ever in Africa ?
More
17 years 2 months ago #20030 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Wireless LAN and LAN

whether it is possible to automatically disable one network connection

So you see sose what he means is autometically not manually.

Now, correct me if i have mistaken but

But i guess some registry tricks will do...

Let's hope that some one here may tell us more

Cheers..:D

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
17 years 2 months ago #20036 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Little thing
You quote really helped me out today. When it stated the greatest pleasures in life is doing what people said you could do. I was stuck in a bind and i know i feel i can go on.

Thanks
More
17 years 2 months ago #20054 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: Wireless LAN and LAN
you are always welcome lindows

~Ping..:D

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
15 years 10 months ago #26703 by quinnyyy
Replied by quinnyyy on topic Re: Wireless LAN and LAN
When connected to both networks try and ping both default gateways.

Your PC may only accept one connection at a time even though it says is connected.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds