Skip to main content

about the domain controller

More
17 years 3 months ago #19367 by orild_eiren
this is about adding user to a domain controller without changing its profile? do you know anything about this... pls help!
More
17 years 3 months ago #19372 by Smurf
Again please provide more information. Not 100% sure what you mean here ? Is it a user on a workstation (which one?) is logging on with a Windows Domain Account and a new profile is created ?

There is not enough information without having to second guess what you are asking so please be more precise so we can help you more quickly.

Thanks

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19382 by DaLight
Putting my "mind reading" hat on, I think orild_eiren wants to find out how to add a user who is already using a particular workstation to a domain without losing all the details contained in the user's existing local profile on the workstation.

If this is what you want to do, simply login as the Adminstrator on the workstation, and using the User Profiles applet (Control Panel\System\Advanced\User Profiles\Settings) copy the user profile in question to "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User".

Now when you add a new domain user to the PC, it will use the settings in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User". Also if you make a copy of "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" before overwriting it, you can copy it back after adding the new domain user.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19386 by Smurf
DaLight, while ya have your hat on, what am i thinking, lol :)

Anyhow, if this is what you are trying to acheive, another thing you could do is wait until the domain user logged in and then just overwrote the domain users profile with the local user profile.

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19390 by DaLight

DaLight, while ya have your hat on, what am i thinking, lol :)

Fish and chips? :D
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21220 by deepblue
I know this is a old topic but couldnt you create the AD account and login to he local machine as Admin and go to the users local profile in documents and settings and on the security tab give access to domain\user name ?
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds