Skip to main content

Folder Permissons

More
17 years 7 months ago #16617 by Supreme7
Folder Permissons was created by Supreme7
I was Wondering if anybody know how to overide windows folder permissions. I moved a hard drive out of a windows XP box and set it up in a Win 2k box after the XP box crashed . The power supply burned the mother board up. So now whecn I try tvo access any folders off the hard drive that is in MY document and sub folders it give the permisson denied window. Dose any one know a work around for this issue?

Thanks

Supreme7
More
17 years 7 months ago #16618 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Folder Permissons
Can you not take ownership of the files and subfolders ?

Cannot remember how to do this though in Windows 2000 without first building one.

Otherwise, if you have something like UBCD i am sure there is a DOS boot up on the CD With NTFS2DOS which overrides the NTFS security (providing its not configured with compression or EFS).

Hope it helps

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 7 months ago #16621 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: Folder Permissons
If your having the Administratot rights on the win2k then select the folder which you wanna access and take the ownership permission over that. It will reslove your problem.

Dove
More
17 years 7 months ago #16650 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: Folder Permissons
hi, can you create new files and read (open) them?

always Face your Fears...
More
17 years 7 months ago #16653 by Supreme7
Replied by Supreme7 on topic Re: Folder Permissons
The folders will let me take owner ship of the top level folder it just wont allow me to take over the sub folders as well , is there a way to make the sub folders inherit permissons of the parent folder?
More
17 years 7 months ago #16672 by ekim
Replied by ekim on topic Re: Folder Permissons
Im not sure if this helps but when you move an oblect in an NTFS from one volume to another they inherit the permissions of the target folder they are placed in on target volume. also you can move the folder(S) to a volume that doesnt support NTFS permissions and that will remove any deny permissions
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds