Skip to main content

Asterisk with Intel modem

More
17 years 8 months ago #16272 by taqqi14
Hi Guys!
i just started working on Asterisk .Since i dunt have a X100p card i read in docs that certain Intel win modems can b used as FXO port in asterisk .I m using Linux AS4 platform on which i hav to install this intel modem driver.I wanto know if linux doesnt detect the modem on its own ,can asterisk after installation can detect the modem plugged into the linux machine?and if not how will i know that its not being detected ?and if its detected how will i know tht modem has been detected ?

Thnx
Rgds
Taqqi14
More
17 years 8 months ago #16291 by Ranger24
Hi,

Post the modem model & version, however if this is a winmodem it will not work under linus. WINmodems require WINdows.

R

Patience - the last reserve of the any engineer
More
17 years 8 months ago #16351 by taqqi14
modem Intel ambient model# MD5628 D-L-C
I m sure about MD3200 tht linux does detect it and i've seen it myself.But it cant seem to detect md5628 model.
How can i know it is detected by linux? dmesg?wht entry in dmesg will show it (if its being detected).How can i install modem;s driver in linux

Rgds
Taqqi14
More
17 years 7 months ago #17032 by taqqi14
ok i got the solution....Only Intel ambient MD3200 Modem can be used as a FXO port ..My asterisk is working perfectly now.

Taqqi
More
16 years 3 months ago #24574 by hasan
Replied by hasan on topic Re: Asterisk with Intel modem
How do you define modems on asterisk???
More
16 years 3 months ago #24830 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Asterisk with Intel modem
hi taqqi,

currently i am exploring asterisk and the possibilities it possess. i am curious on your setup and would like to know (if you do not mind) how were you able to accomplish such.

thanks.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds