Skip to main content

RSS Readers

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8094 by Stephanie
RSS Readers was created by Stephanie
Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone can suggest a good RSS Reader. I have tried a couple but wasn't happy with the interface. So if anyone can pass along a reader that they are happy with I would be greatful.

Thanks for your help!
Stephanie
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8098 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: RSS Readers
nnbnbI started off using RSS clients, but I found www.bloglines.com and have not looked back since. It's web based, so I can use it from home and work and it works brilliantly.
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8115 by Stephanie
Replied by Stephanie on topic Thanks!
DaLight,

Thank you for the link. I agree web based it better. The less apps I have to add to my laptop the happier I am!

One more favor! What are some of your favorite or most informative subscriptions on bloglines.com?

Thanks again!
Stephanie
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8159 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Blogs
I've heard a few people discussing blogs. I'm curious - what's out there that I'm missing, and how might I find it useful?
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #8164 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: RSS Readers
nnbnbStephanie:

You can access my Blog list at www.bloglines.com/public/dalight . My subscription mix consists mainly of the standard techie feeds: Slashdot, The Register and of course Dilbert! I also have feeds for Security updates from Microsoft, BBC News Headlines amongst others.

TheBishop:

To answer your question, I use my blog reader as my one stop information source. Instead of going to my regular websites, I simply use my blog reader, in this case web-based bloglines.com, to fetch the latest news items. It presents the headlines and I click on the items of interest. It saves so much time and since it's web-based, it "remembers" which items I've read no matter where I login from. You can also get a Windows, Firefox, IE, MAC OS X, Unix/KDE notifier which polls your blog roll to see if any new items have come in.

Any website that provides an RSS feed can be added to your blog roll.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12337 by Unforgiven
Replied by Unforgiven on topic Re: RSS Readers
For something simple, I kind of like "yarssr" on linux.

If there's one thing I hate, it's everything.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds