Skip to main content

after re-installing O/S the system hang b4 desktop environme

More
14 years 8 months ago #31476 by lmcares4u2003
the system hang after providing administrative password, have try to repair the operating system, its yield no result, i try runinit in safe mode the samething, later i open the system chassis, look at processor fan , the processor is onboard, i try to change the memory the same thing , i later use the same board to load the hard disk but after installing the system stil hang before getting to windows environment, then i now remove the hard disk and use another board to load the hard disk then the hard disk work perfectly with the system..PLEASE REPLYYYYYYY...
More
14 years 8 months ago #31478 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic since u have.....
Hey since u have tried all sorts. Why don't u try taking off the cmos battery, place it on ur tongue if u get some high sour shock then ur battery is strong (if... then... else...). then reply else get a new battery.

That happens when cmos battery is not too good.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 8 months ago #31492 by TheBishop
First you need to find out where the boot is hanging. When you boot in safe mode every stage of the boot process is recorded in a log file. Check that file to see what the last entry is and that will lead you to the problem
More
14 years 8 months ago #31498 by talk2sp
Uncle Bishop....

I recall he said he can't even get to boot it up in safe mode. You know may i digress a little. I don't know why people make a post and don't standby or check the next day to see if some one has replied...?

well :!:

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 8 months ago #31525 by lmcares4u2003
hav try all ur suggestion, stil yet the problem stil persist.......now i can see that the board is havin problem then i have to change somethin there....................thanks guy 4 ur accompany...........i wil update u later...........i have other networkin project issue that am dealing with it.
More
14 years 8 months ago #31527 by next_virus
lmcares4u2003 you can try one more thing, press ctrl+alt+del where the system hangs. If it works then click on task manager, click on file -> new task, type explorer & press enter / ok.

Let me know if it works (also if it wont work).

Regards
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds