Skip to main content

Website trace Route Problem

More
13 years 11 months ago #34453 by Tahir_Rana
When I tracert any site it shows me the IP address of routers from where traffice is going on?

My questionis when I type tracert www.amazon.com it shows me 127.0.0.1 local host and nothing? Could you help me in this regard.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34458 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Loopback
Hi mate,
Looks like somehow your first hop has been put down as the loopback address i.e. 127.0.0.1. Check the routing table on your host or the pc/laptop from where you are trying tracert from, and see if there is any entry for a default gateway put down as 127.0.0.1.
Also check your hosts file (if this is a windows os host) there might be an entry which might have the same thing i.e. set 127.0.0.1 as default gateway.
Check your network card settings for default gateway as well for the same thing.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 11 months ago #34466 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic !!!
Moderators, please remove the above post

More
13 years 11 months ago #34468 by TheBishop
Done
More
13 years 11 months ago #34469 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Thanks
Hi Bishop
Thanks for clearing up the crap. Wish there was an intuitive way of banning such users.
Cheers

More
13 years 11 months ago #34532 by S0lo

When I tracert any site it shows me the IP address of routers from where traffice is going on?

My questionis when I type tracert www.amazon.com it shows me 127.0.0.1 local host and nothing? Could you help me in this regard.

Are you able to connect to the net on the same PC?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds