Skip to main content

Networking research Ideasss??

More
14 years 3 months ago #33453 by kchong_14
Hi all,

I am currently doing a MSc in Advanced Networking, and I am almost beginning with my dissertation writing.

What I find very difficult is to look for a MSc research project. Well first of all I'm sure there are a lot of things I can do, but still I would like to ask you guys if there are any interesting ideas or things that is really a hot topic, or something that really need to be looked at or at least something that I can contribute to.

Any ideas would be very helpful, as long as it is about computer networking.

With kind regards,
Kenneth Chong

Kenneth Chong
More
14 years 3 months ago #33454 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic Well...
Hey Mr Chong you can try out this topics:

1 - Wireless Distribution System using Radios, Canopies, Point - point - multi point.

2 - Complex inter networking

3 - RF Implementation

4 - Fiber Implementation via the sea and it's challenges.

hey i don't knw if u like wat i have listed. there are many more on my head but make do with this, if u need more then just say and i will say more. if u ask me i will choose no.1, u knw why?, cos it's broad and hot and there will be alot of case studies to work on, drawings to make, schematics to lay out.... etc...

Check out MIT Course Ware for MSc students - www.ocw.mit.edu u might also be lucky to see materials.

Wishing u the best. We are here to help.

Cheers

C0DE - 3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 3 months ago #33455 by kchong_14
Replied by kchong_14 on topic Thanks...
Thanks talk2sp,

I really appreciate your help,

And the topics seems also interesting...
If you have more you can list them for me.
I am also very interested in the security and forensics part of computer networks... So if you have something in that direction would also be nice...

KC

Kenneth Chong
More
14 years 3 months ago #33457 by m2r0007
try LTE or MPLS optimization techniques
More
14 years 3 months ago #33462 by TheBishop
How about something akin to roaming? So for example an executive with a laptop can wander anywhere on a campus plugging in at each location and all his sessions simply resume?
More
14 years 3 months ago #33463 by S0lo
1. I think 802.11n multiple antennas is still a hot topic in the research.

2. Client based wireless mesh networks (i.e a wireless network working without an access point). Where clients them selves relay the packets to their neighbors until destination/gateway is reached.

3. After cracking WEP years ago, recent news claims cracking WPA could be possible, here:

wifinetnews.com/archives/2004/11/wpa_cra...ncept_available.html

Security breaking always makes big news, so if you want to be famous try finding some thing here ;) But sure this won't be easy.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds