Skip to main content

CCNP certification

More
14 years 4 months ago #33312 by kchong_14
CCNP certification was created by kchong_14
Hi all,

I heard that cisco is changing the CCNP certification into 3 modules called ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT.

This confuses me what to do now if I am studying for my CCNP, should I just study ONT and ISCW also? Or what is the difference? I did not see cisco publish it on their site yet.
But I want to be sure what and how to plan my CCNP study. What should I do?

And in addition to that how important will concept such as frame-relay be in CCNP? Because I have also seen that maybe this MPLS will be taking over Frame relay.

Just want to be sure what to study and what is going to change so I dont miss any topics for CCNP..

Thanks Alot,

KC

Kenneth Chong
More
14 years 4 months ago #33340 by next_virus
Replied by next_virus on topic Re: CCNP certification

And in addition to that how important will concept such as frame-relay be in CCNP? Because I have also seen that maybe this MPLS will be taking over Frame relay.

Is this true?? Any one have any idea regarding the syllabus change of CCNP??
More
14 years 4 months ago #33346 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: CCNP certification
It seams that there is indeed a new CCNP track, but it doesn't obsolete the old track. Not yet, Check here:

www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/...ation_type_home.html

Notice in the page above (two tables below) that you can take either the 4 exam OR the new 3 exam track. Further details will be announced by Cisco at the end of this January, check this:

learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/8498

The above clearly says the current 4 exam track are not phased out yet.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 4 months ago #33389 by FlipRich
Replied by FlipRich on topic Re: CCNP certification
I heard that Cisco is taking out ISCW and ONT and putting in a Troubleshooting exam for the new revision.

That's just through the grape vine though. I dont know if true or not.

Rich
Network Engineer /CCNP, CCNA-S
Tallahassee, FL
More
14 years 4 months ago #33390 by broadcaststorm
I heard that too. ISCW and ONT have too much overlap with CCNA Security was what I heard, so they will go in favour of CIT, which is, AFAIK, Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting. Again though, this was through the grapevine.
More
14 years 4 months ago #33391 by FlipRich
Replied by FlipRich on topic Re: CCNP certification
That would suck. Cisco should just add it to the track and make the CCNP more credible..

Not that it's not credible and hard as crap already.. lol

Rich
Network Engineer /CCNP, CCNA-S
Tallahassee, FL
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds