Skip to main content

dns request

More
20 years 9 months ago #257 by fl6
dns request was created by fl6
I hope this makes sense.
In the log files of my firewall, and in the packets I sniff on my home pc, it's contantly filled with this message..."standard query for Azfevsdgdxga4aesf3453s4.3utilities.com"
In short, the way I see it, there's some process that's looking to resolve this name, but I can't figure out what it is. I hope someone can tell me that at least I'm understanding it correctly...that a process (perhaps spam-ad aware)is looking to resolve this name, for whatever reason, although I don't get any pop-ups.
More
20 years 9 months ago #258 by fl6
Replied by fl6 on topic dns request
I should say, I've looked up 3utilities.com and can't find anything useful. I killed as many process's as I could in the background and I've tried some other stuff...basically as much as I could. I want to get this one.
More
20 years 8 months ago #260 by fl6
I don't think so.
Ethereal was picking this up before I had my firewall up. The firewall log says "Failed to handle request from 172.16.10.2 for Address for zfevsdgdxga4aesf3453s4.3utilities.com. - no progress possible" The 172 number is my pc.
More
20 years 8 months ago #261 by fl6
The source of the request is my ip address and the destination is the inside interface of my firewall.
More
20 years 8 months ago #262 by fl6
The source of the request is my ip address and the destination is the inside interface of my firewall.
More
20 years 8 months ago #259 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic dns request
FL6,

Could it be possible that the DNS query is coming from somewhere else other than your home pc?

Could it be your actual firewall, or even someone from the Internet that is using your firewall as a dns server?

What other details did the firewall log and sniffed packets give you ?

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds