Skip to main content

Education

More
20 years 7 months ago #587 by raj
Education was created by raj
HI EVERY BODY THIS IS REALLY A GREAT SITE THANKS CHRIS......Actually i want to get CCNA certification exam but i dont know which book will be usefull for me to get CCNA certified please suggest me name of books and some other usefull hints i will be thankfull to all of you...........!
More
20 years 7 months ago #589 by j98me2
Replied by j98me2 on topic Re: Education
CCNA Practical Studies by from Cisco press is a good book.

Periscope three makes a quality product. It includes lectures, practice tests and a 3d lab simulation that looks like a video game.

Also Cisco for dummies is good if you have little networking or Cisco knowledge. The first half is basic networking and the second half is basic Cisco. It helps you get a feel to the Cisco way of thinking. Like most of the big vendors Cisco has there own way of doing things.
More
20 years 7 months ago #594 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Education
Raj,

There are qa few different exams available for the CCNA at the moment, so you must be careful with what you choose to buy.

In order to make sure you buy the correct book, here are the exams available at this point:

1) 640-607 CCNA Last Day to Register September 30, 2003 - After this date, this exam will be no longer available.

2) 640-801 CCNA, this is the new exam introduced which will is replacing the previous one.

3) 640-811 ICND & 641-821 INTRO Beta exams. Another two new exams, which both must be completed in order to obtain your CCNA.

If your going to sit for an exam AFTER the 30th of September, then options 2 and 3 are the only ones you have. Personally, I'm planning to do the 640-607 exam since I need to recertify before the 14th of December this year. The CCNA is valid for 3 years only, upon which you need to recertify again.

So, depending which path you choose, make sure the book covers the above specified exams!

Your best shot is to check Amazon.com for relevant books, and if you do decide to purchase one, do it through Firewall.cx to help support the site!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 7 months ago #648 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Education
Chris,

I think you can go to some of Ciscos conferences and they count towards recertification such that you don't need to take an exam.

Tom.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 7 months ago #651 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Education
Tom,

I only recently check Cisco's recertification page and it clearly states that in order to recertify, you must either sit for the available exams for the specific certification, or successfully pass at least one of the next level exams (from memory, prefix 645) which lead towards the CCNP.

So, I'm stuck :?

It dosen't really matter anyways , its a good revision even though I'll be starting on my CCNP next year some time.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 6 months ago #658 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Education
You could be right.

I just remember that when I was certified, I was told that to keep yourself up to date, you could attend a seminar a year (I think).

This may have changed. :(

Tom.

Thanks,

Tom
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds