Skip to main content

CCNA INTRO in about 8 - 10 weeks... Any advice?

More
15 years 11 months ago #25885 by NeoTech
Hey guys, were comming to the final few chapters of CCNA 2 and ive decided i'd like to take a shot at the INTRO exam.
There are some things i need to work on...

Does anyone thats taken the exam have any advice? Key areas to focus on? Disaster stories? (lol) that sort of thing?

Would be great to hear from you all, whatever you have to say :D.
:wink:

Neo
Tech
More
15 years 11 months ago #25963 by NeoTech
Just to clarify, I'm not asking for answers. It would just be nice to hear about your experiences and pet peeves about the exams and course material. Could be a fun thread :wink:

Neo
Tech
More
15 years 11 months ago #25964 by S0lo
It would help if you could find some practice tests to try before the exam. Books and training help allot, but some ambiguous questions can fool any one. Since you said you've done CCNA 2, I guess you are an academy student. So you probably have done allot of questions. If not, check these free tests:

www.proctortests.com/

The passing score for INTRO was 82.5% when I took it. So missing 3 or 4 questions can make a deference.

And if you want, on your spare time, check those nice videos here: www.trainsignaltraining.com/

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 11 months ago #25984 by Chris
If you seeking for additional material that can help you prepare for your exam, you might want to check out on Examcram's latest practice questions for the CCNA 640-802.

It's a brand new title (April 2008) we are currently reviewing (John Walters is on it) and it really looks worth its money. IT has over 300 questions and 170 pages with detailed answers that will ensure you are not left scratching your head. Apart from the CDROM that's included, it comes with a neat CCNA Cram Sheet that contains everything you need to refresh your mind with, before you enter the exam room.

It should be available on the book shelfs by now and you can find it online using its ISBN number: ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-3714-4 by QUE Certification.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
15 years 7 months ago #27337 by ZiPPy
I purchased the CCNA Self-Study Guide for the Intro640-821 exam and also the ICND 640-811. It was a double pack with both books. Now I bought these awhile ago and now finally have the time to study and get my CCNA.

Can I still use these books as a solid study guide? I figured the information surely hasn't changed that much, and the slight changes that have been made I could review before the exam.

Secondly, what route is better ...taking the double exam or the single? I have been contemplating which exam set to take.

Thanks for the book recommendation Chris. I think I will add this to my study aid before taking the exam.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 7 months ago #27341 by ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds