Skip to main content

Help regarding Network Administrative Interview

More
17 years 6 months ago #17327 by ramz77
Hi

i m working as Jr. networking engg for the last two yrs. my work profile is concern with basically troubleshooting in LAN. Now i wanna to change company i hv a offer of Network Administrator post. guys i don't want to miss this offer so can anyone help me to find Interview Question & Answers regarding network administrator.

ram
MCP,MCSA,MCSA MESSAGING, MSCE, CCNA & ITIL
More
16 years 5 months ago #23946 by mpasivasailam
i am engineering graduate with ccna certification , worknig as system admin . can any one let me know any openi gs in router side.....
More
16 years 5 months ago #23950 by toddwoo
First things first go to monster.com or any of the other job sites with informational articles and find the obligatory "interview questions" article or post. I know they are out there... Need to know the "general" questions first. Why are you leaving last company, top strengenths and weaknesses, bla bla bla... they are all kinda the same.
Next find out who will be interviewing you. If its a manager, hit the non specific stuff, OSI model, network topology, general security, TCP/IP stuff anyone could ask and answer if given the information before hand.. Because thats what most managers do, read questions off a list.

If you are going to be interviewed by a technical person, or a manager and a tech, hit the specific stuff harder. Find out what kind of gear they use, become farmiliar with the different models, if they use cisco, know that cisco has 2500, 2600, 2800, 7200 routers... you don't need to know everything about each of them, but basic knowledge can take you pretty far. Beyond that knowing what they use can be HUGE.. Even if you don't know a thing about it, showing intrest in a technology they use will win you points. I know this first hand.

Lastly.. if you are uber serious about it, and you have some time before hand. Get someone you know to do the interview first. A technical professional, possible a dummy resume, send them in and get them to write down or remember everything "important" they ask. Have them ask pointed questions.. what technology are you using? What are you going to be using? Anything that might give you the edge beyond what other candidates might know.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23955 by skepticals

Get someone you know to do the interview first.

That's awesome. I have never thought of that. No better way to prepare than that.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23970 by toddwoo
Quick story one interview...

I fumbled 3 or 4 simple questions, because they were "too simple" the kind of niche knowledge you would know if you do it every day, but not important enough to keep at the forfront of your mind 99.99% of the time. One of them I even remembered on the way home from ther interview.. just needed 5 mins to really think about it. The others were just 2.5 seconds to look at and the whole topic came rushing back into my brain... too late of course. Just that kind of little niche issue could drop you down to 2nd or 3rd pick.

One more thnig, a former co-worker did, call the manager up, pretending to be a VAR or resaler asking what products they use, saying you can usually save them X%... Good intel just don't call from your own phone...caller id.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23973 by skepticals
Good advice. I know I have a hard time with recall too, but like you said given a few seconds all the information comes back.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds