Skip to main content

is there a master of science for network administration

More
20 years 7 months ago #1130 by tk
is there a ms course for network security,network administration,system administration,etc. in usa,germany,australia,uk

please reply
More
20 years 7 months ago #1135 by Chris
I haven't come across degrees that are titled "network administrator" or "Network Security". These are usually the titles one earns through the various certifications vendors offer.

University degrees tend to be more "general" as their titles express. Any degree within IT is considered adequate to cover most people, while the certifications are the real degrees most companies look out for.

A simply example is a person who holds are CCIE certification, which you could say is the equivalent to a Masters or Phd degree from a university as its very specific and requires a great amount of knowledge and experience.

The way I see things today, you need to have some type of university degree, backed up by a few good certifications if you want someone to take you seriously!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 7 months ago #1136 by tfs
I agree with Chris.

You are usually going to see something like "MIS" or "Computer Science", where the subjects will cover a gamut of topics. It is kind of "Jack of All and Master of None". University degrees will get you in the door, but you will have to work your way up.

Certifications tend to be more specific and tell the employer that you have specific skills ( what he might be looking for) and is best when backed up with experience.

Thanks,

Tom
More
19 years 10 months ago #4415 by intruder
:D Yes there is one course u asked. It is Msc. Computer Communication. It's a 4 semester course which cover mainly network management, Design of network OS, Computer network architecture and network programming in C in the first level. also advanced computing & distributed computing
But it's in India. In R.V.S College .
Trichy Road,
Sulur,
Coimbatore-641 402.

But it's not a matter whether u have a Ms in network admin or security, it's the latest certification+exp that companies look for.
More
19 years 10 months ago #4418 by KiLLaBeE
Hey, I live in the US, and it took me a long time to find a major that is specific for networking, but then I got a mail from a college, and there is one here.

It's in Arizona and is technology based, it's called the University of Advancing Technology ( www.uat.edu ). They have a major on System Architecture and Administration, Network Architecture and Administration, and Network Security Architecture and Administration along with other majors.
More
19 years 5 months ago #6124 by cybersorcerer
If you plan on studying in the USA, don't forget tech colleges such as ITT tech and Devry. I'm currently going for the Information Systems Security degree which is a very good course if you have the dough to pay for it. Sad thing is that the teachers of the course assume you are a dummy until you prove them wrong.. only downside I've noticed so far.

Here is the Course Outline: www.itt-tech.edu/campus/courses.cfm?prog_id=1935

"He who breaks something to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf the Grey
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds