Skip to main content

Boson Network Simulator...hmmm

More
18 years 5 months ago #10858 by RedRanger
OK...I know that Boson's NetSim is like the best router simulator in the world. I use it in class, and my teacher will not give it to any students in fear of the law and crap. Where can I buy this program and how much will this cost me? Or...can someone send me the installer with a serial key? I WOULD BE FRIGGIN HAPPY AS HELL!!!

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 5 months ago #10860 by jwj
I think Boson's software requires web registration. Like I said before, that Cisco Press set on Intro and ICND includes Boson Router Simulator. It's a deal. I think Sybex has a similar thing too.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 3 months ago #12372 by y2k
Replied by y2k on topic CCNA 640-801 study guide !!!
Hi every one,

Can any one guide reg:CCNA study guide......

Becoz there are tow types of books available in the market.....One is INTRO & ICND....Other one is 640-801 from Sybex....which is more useful for the CCNA.....
More
18 years 1 month ago #13230 by minorman
download BOSON via bit torrent. I have it... it works great for labs and studying.
More
18 years 1 month ago #13234 by havohej
really??
Actually I am also teaching CCNA semester 3 in local academy in my country, but I really dont share your instructor point of view.

Really I would like that all my students get certified and success the cert exam and if there is something I can do to help them, I really would do.

now, I have packet tracer, and think it is better than boson in some ways, but bosson have support to more routing protocols than packet tracer, for basic learning packet tracer is ok.

check the a post called packet tracer availability int biiigeeest firewall.cx forum, there was a link to a free download for the packet tracer, try it.
More
18 years 1 week ago #13663 by The_Geek
The software is available from Boson's site for about $150 (US).

I have ver 6.0, and although it's a good software, there are things it will not do. I can only set 1 DNS server and cannot set a DHCP exclusion range.

While it was cheaper than buying a used 1700/2400/2600 series router, nothing beats actual hardware.