Skip to main content

Yahoo messenger - pass firewall

More
19 years 2 months ago #7475 by cua
Hi experts, i'm behind a proxy with its firewall, it happends that the firewall blocks all port but http 80 =>I can't use voice chat, webcam thru my YM and worst I can't play internet-games like warcraft ...
I'd like to know if you can help me out of this mess?
thx in advance
More
19 years 2 months ago #7485 by nske
hmm chances are that, unless you have a box (server) somewhere that can be used for proxying, you can't do anything. Generally speaking..
More
19 years 2 months ago #7486 by cua
where I live there are around 50 comps and I've already seen someone can configs his YM no proxies (he can use webcam then), the problem is he doesn't know how to do since its someone else did this stuff and we cant find this someone else. So I'm sure theres a way out.
More
19 years 2 months ago #7490 by nske
well, I've never used YM so I don't know if it can be configured to use custom ports. Still, judging from the Yahoo Help I guess it can't.

In order to use all the Yahoo! Messenger Webcam features, your firewall must permit incoming and outgoing TCP connections on port 5100.

If not and if you can not use an unblocked system to tunnel through, then I don't see any other way. But perhaps somebody knows better.
More
19 years 2 months ago #7491 by MezzUp
I think you could use some kind of a tcp wrapper, to grap YM port 5100 and tunnel it through port 80 to a socks server (at somebody's home?)
More
19 years 2 months ago #7492 by Jack
I moved this topic from "Hilarious Stuff & Sites" to here since it deals with a firewall issue and not funny haha. :)

Best Regards,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds