Skip to main content

Question about Netstat

More
18 years 7 months ago #10080 by daimous
Is it posible for a particular connection not to be seen when i execute the command netstat -a in my comman prompt.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10081 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Question about Netstat
The command is supposed to show all active TCP and UDP connections as well as all ports that are listening. I would say no, unless there is a bug in Windows implementation of it. Are you having this problem?

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 7 months ago #10082 by daimous
Replied by daimous on topic Re: Question about Netstat
no, im not having problem about this...is just that im curious about the thing..who knows, someone is trying to sneak to my computer and he is totally invisible...anyway, tnx for that..but can i get some other comments....
More
18 years 7 months ago #10084 by dreamer
Replied by dreamer on topic Re: Question about Netstat
On this one I go with the anwser of jwj since entering the NETSTAT command with the –A switch causes NETSTAT to display all connections and listening ports. The result is a list that tells you which TCP and UDP ports that the machine is aware of, and which of those ports that the computer is presently listening to.

When using windows in the command line and entering "netstat help" you can see all possible netstat commands you can use.

I hope this awnsers your question :D
More
18 years 7 months ago #10093 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Netstat
Netstat will show you all the connections, but if someone is exploiting your machine they might be doing it through something that looks innocent like the IPC$ share, so you might not see an explicit reference to their activities
More
18 years 7 months ago #10122 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: Question about Netstat

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds