Skip to main content

1811 Router lock out

More
14 years 6 months ago #32335 by mic
1811 Router lock out was created by mic
I got a 1811 Router free, i do not no password, now when i try to use con 0 to do a password recovery, they must of shut port down because can not get in (with break key or otherwise) the feo and fe1 ports are down to, so i am lock out, there is no reset button on this router, does any one of a way i can reset from moterboard, for i can go to work on this Router? Just some info the Router boots up the sys ok led light is lite green, but the busy led stays lite green to as well dont know if that is normal, Please anyone with a 1811 Router that can help me would be great i ran out of things to do, thank you and hope to hear from someone? thank much>> mic
More
14 years 6 months ago #32337 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: 1811 Router lock out
Do you see readable output on the console window? If not, If you see garbage this might indicate that there is a baud rate mismatch between your Terminal program and the router console speed. Try setting the baud rate to 9600bps on the terminal program.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 6 months ago #32341 by mic
Replied by mic on topic con 0
I get nothing at all, all settings are right, cannot even use break to get into rom> when booting up and sys led is blinking, i used differant wire on different computer to start the trouble shotting, same results?? like i said the busy led light is on green after boot up dont know if that is telling me something. you would think they would have a way to get into Router, the only other way i can think of is AUX port, looks like mine is a R45, i do not know how to do that , is that a way and can you lead me in right way to do that Thanks alot mic
More
14 years 6 months ago #32344 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: 1811 Router lock out
Not really sure :?. Do you have any modules installed on it? I suggest trying to remove all modules, one of them could be hanging. You could also try removing and re-inserting the DRAM piece. Blow the inside with dry air if there is too much dust or some thing.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 6 months ago #32347 by mic
Replied by mic on topic Thanks
Thanks, will try, a try some other thing and get back to you, thanks mic
More
14 years 6 months ago #32358 by mic
Replied by mic on topic SOLo
Thanks i clean everything up, i did a upgrade on my hyer termainal, ( i read this on line) hook it up a 1200 baud hit space bar 5-7 times then reconnect, then bingo i was in, so thanks for all the replys it made me try different things and i learned alot that way, and thats is what it is all about right now for me.,so thanks again?? MIC
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds