Skip to main content

Introduce yourself

More
13 years 9 months ago #34907 by JamieP
Replied by JamieP on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hi, I've been posting here a while now, but though i would give you a quick bio about myself.

My name is Jamie, im 25 and based in the midlands, UK

I started as a Telecoms engineer about 5 years ago for a large mobile operator. I then moved more into IT, and spent 2 years working as 3rd line windows support for goverment ministry. I then decided windows wasnt really for me, and went back to network, completed my CCNA. I worked in a NOC for a while, before moving to where i am now to be the senior (of 2, so not that impressive) network engineer.

sorry for the vaugeness, but dont wanna give away where i work/have worked due to confidentiality agreements ive signed etc...

As i said, i have completed my CCNA, and am desperatly trying to study for the BSCI & BCMSN composite exam before they finish doing it at the end of July

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 9 months ago #35021 by larryp7639
Replied by larryp7639 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hello :D
I am LARRY :X
I am a new member of forum.
Good day you guys !

13 years 9 months ago #35044 by KarenG
Replied by KarenG on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hi all! Been lurking and decided to jump in :D
More
13 years 9 months ago #35107 by billy10388
Replied by billy10388 on topic Re: Introduce yourself

Hi there,

I just wanted to start this thread so everybody could introduce themselves to 'tighten' this group.

As for me, I'm a 16 year old(17 next february :)) boy who lives in a small town (c.a. 1000 people, near the capital) in Iceland. My english should be pretty good, but all corrections are welcome. I'm on my second semester in an Icelandic "High-School" (16-21 year olds).

Computers have been a hobby of mine since I got my first 66MHz computer on my 8th birthday. I read Mike Meyers A+ Certification All-In-One book and got my A+ Certification last December(scored 625 and 600 :oops:) I'm going for more certifications(Network+, Server+, Linux+, MCSA/E, Cisco....) but not in the near future.

I've had a short expirience with Linux, but I first tried RH 6.2 and then shortly after that bought RH7. But I had an Winmodem and never got that working so I kinda gave up on Linux. Since then I've used and old 300Mhz computer, and tried Gentoo and currently trying out Debian(and lovin' it) altough I haven't used it much because of lack of time. But I hope to get a fully fuctioning server on that machine some day. (router, firewall, www, mail, dhcp, dns....)

My programming expirience is limited to a little more than 'Hello World' in C++ and PHP, and then slightly more than that in C. But I'm currently studing C# at school 4 hours a week. Altought programming isn't my favorite computer 'thing' it's certanly fun, and probably easier to get a job programming then any other computer job.

I've only set up few small networks, and never tried an Cisco device, but that ought to change with the Cisco lab :)

I'm trying to get a good job next summer doing computer-something, preferably intern/assistant-Network Admin, but I would of course settle with a regular computer reapir shop. My dream job would be a jack-of-all-trades the-only-netadmin at a small/medium sized company.

So please, write a little about yourself so we can all get to know eachother.

Regards, Guπmundur Viktorsson(but y'all can call me MezzUp :))

ps. I know this might not be the correct forum, so mods, please feel free to move this to wherever you like.

Thank you so much for your post.
More
13 years 6 months ago #35652 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Nice to see many new people; greetings to all!
Please tell us a little about yourself
More
13 years 6 months ago #35654 by r0nni3
Replied by r0nni3 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
i dont think they will ever reply again ^^;;

Currently working as Cisco Engineer at Neon-Networking.

Certifications:
CCNA - Have it
CCNA Security - Have it
CCSP - Almost!!!!
CCIE Security - Not so far away dream
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds