Skip to main content

Introduce yourself

More
18 years 9 months ago #9445 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Google earth
Have you seen the bits of google earth that have been deliberately blurred? Try looking at the White House in the US...
More
18 years 9 months ago #9455 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Introduce yourself
I'd imagine there's certain detailed photos they don't let out, but try searching for Area 51. It's blurry, though.

-Jeremy-
More
17 years 8 months ago #16069 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Right guys (n gals), here goes;

I am in my early 30's (ok then 31) and have been into computers since i was 13. My first computer was a BBC Micro since this was what we used at school. From there i went to a PC and dibled a little with Basic programming. I did my A'Levels and then went onto University to do a B.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science. I quickly decided that Programming was not for me and would drive me nuts so moved into networking. As part of the sandwich degree i worked at the college i went to for my A'Levels where i was the network administrator. I quickly found that i was interested in this area. I got some good contacts and when i left Uni I got into my current job.

We dropped Novell very early on (in the 3.12 days) and moved to Windows NT4, thats when i first started with the MCSE tracks. Since Uni i was interested in Security, i was facinated with Viruses and how they worked. Around 3 years ago I started to think about a shift into the Security area, i was already working with ISA 2000 and looking after the AntiVirus and Websense Policies and technologies but it wasn't enough for me. I was getting bored with the Microsoft Support that i was doing and tried for a shift into the Cisco Area.

I did the CCNA and then quickly did my CCSP. I look after the Pix firewalls (we have a 515, 525 Fail Over and just implementing a 535 for the core) and a VPN Concentrator. I have just ordered a NIDS Device to play with.

I needed to perform a PEN Test on the Firewalls that i configure and wanted to know as much about this as i could (without having much programming skills). For this reason i did the CEH certification which was really good.

Due to the polotics involved were i work, i will not be able to make a purely 100% move into Security and drop the Microsoft Server 2003, AD, Exchange support that i currently do, for this reason i am currently looking for a new job.

The issues i have in finding work purely in Security is that you require indepth knowledge of Switches/Routers and most of the jobs i have found require a CCNP. For this reason i am starting my CCNP studies next week and hopefully will get all 4 exams before the CCNP Track changes (i beleieve you can still sit the exams until Novemeber this year).

My hobbies are simple, eating and messing on my computer, sad i know. I am getting married next year which is going to start taking up a lot of my time :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16076 by The_Berzerker
Welcome to firewall.cx smurf
We hope that you enjoy your stay and I believe that you'll contribute to our community...

Cheers
More
17 years 8 months ago #16094 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic me myself and Arani
hi all,
after much profound brain things in my head i have finally decided to disclose information about myself (by the way the starting line was a rip off from the movie Madagascar, remember the king? ) and yes, i did need permission from MI5 before doing this :D

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 8 months ago #16096 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome to firewall.cx smurf
We hope that you enjoy your stay and I believe that you'll contribute to our community...

Cheers

Cheers blue, already enjoying the facinating read :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds