Skip to main content

Introduce yourself

More
17 years 8 months ago #16097 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself
@ Arani;

Hehe, I have loads of dealings with Fuji, must say its got to be the best decision of your life to get out from that.....

Great to hear things are going well for ya. I'm am hoping to do a PhD in the Security area but wanna get vast experience before i do that so gonna look at around another 5-10 years before i go for that one.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16112 by ashish_hcl
Replied by ashish_hcl on topic Introduce Yourself
hey,
It sounds like we guys are on an awesome ride that is really gr8 and facinating as well,
let me also go ahead and tell you about myself, I know I may not sound as great in achievement as you guys are but anyways here how it goes,
I am Ashish Gupta I was born in kanpur, a city in Uttar pradesh, India.
My Father is a businessman and has to struggle a lot in his life both financially and socially. As I belong to a traditional society where son of businessman has to take care of his fathers business after completing his high school. My mother was my motivator as well as my teacher.
I still remember that I used computer at the age of 15 when I was in my high school. It was computer school lab that was recently set up as we guys opted for economics and maths thus we did not had any access to that lab. But being old student I always use to find some idle time and thus managed to learn about command promt and GW Basic.
I got admission into an engineering college where I completed my engineering in Electronics and Instrumentation. I had always been a hardworking student, along with the academics I also had gone through an advance diploma in web technology where I learned languages like C, C++, Visual basic 6.0, Java, Oracle 8i etc.
I was not able to get a competitive edge on these languages because of several reason one of the most promiment was that I do not had computer. The time spent in lab was not enough to make us competitive.

Even then I managed to learn c, C++ pretty well so far that it gave me enough confidence completing my project for fulfullment of my degree requirement. My first project was controlling a 8 switch based harware circuit which was connected to the LPT port of the computer and was controlled through a C++ based program.
I got married (Love Marriage as I could not wait to see my beloved getting married to someone else) right after completing my Graduation I started my career as a hardware and network support engineer where I was required to provide online technical support related services to our clients. My first job was like a nighmare but soon I became confident with hardware and related stuff.
Harware job did not paid me well there in order to meet the growing family requirement I had to quit that job and join a call center. Since last 2.5 years I had been working in this contact center where I need to provide online technical support to business DSL member located in US, we work for SBC now being taken by AT&T.

I never took my career seriously until last year one of my friend told me about this website. Going thorough the articles and cool network diagrams I started developing a taste in networking so much that now I am regular reader reader of this website and had fallen in love with it. you would find me in list of people "online now" almost all the time (when I am in my shift). I had learned a lot of things from this website specially providing appropriate information at right time.
and also thank

I always have been thankfull to the member as well as modulators of this website for answering the question that are being asked in this website and related forum. Specially chris for sending me a motivating email which has moved me and which has given me confidence for working constantly on my goals and also in improving my skills and knowing the stuff instead of just going though the certifications. Recently I had completed my CCNA curicullam and about to appear for the examination.
Also Thanks to ranger24 for providing deep insight about DSLAM which has given me confidence in presenting the operation of DSL network diagram at one of the IJP(Internal job Posting), pete for giving access 30gigs.com, sahir for support related to VPN and so on.

So i would say i am just a normal traveller in this information highway and expect a lot from myself and from this website and I am confident and still waiting to get a call in some lucky bus like arani got :lol: , and I know i am gonna get that soon this is what my wife teaches me always.

In my idle time I love to listen gazals from Jagjeet Singh and Pankaj Udhas because they provide solace and comfort to my mind , I used to play with my little daughter "Lyric" who has recently turned 2 and also read a lot of networking related articles and do a lot of search for them.

Thanks to firewall.cx and associated member to provide this interface and pool full of knopwledge and information
More
17 years 8 months ago #16113 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Me Finally
hi all,
after much profound brain things in my head i have finally decided to disclose information about myself (by the way the starting line was a rip off from the movie Madagascar, remember the king? ) and yes, i did need permission from MI5 before doing this :D

1990, my school sent me for a introductory course on computers. i chose IBM PC against BBC Micro. reason? who knows, i really didn't have a clue what they meant, but had heard of IBM!!! that was the start of my tryst with these binary beings.
1996 passed out of high school while still dabbling with computers. by now i had tried my hand in programming in various languages like C and other bits and bobs. the idea of making a computer talk with another over a cable had already started to fascinate me. i even foolishly tried to make that happen by calling up one of my friends over a landline, and then quickly shoving the telephone cable at the back of my pc where the modem port was!!! didn't work, but that was a start of the networking bug in my head.

for some obscure reason i chose to study English Language at University level. in the mean time i enrolled for a comprehensive computer course called GNIIT. it used to be pretty good then. learnt all about MSOffice, and loads of programming languages. the concept of an IDE dawned upon me. my itch for networking pushed me to become the lab-in-charge. this gave me opportunity to muck about with the training centre network. no one would tell me anything, as if parting with any knowledge would shrivel them to death!!! anyway, that was not big enough for a setback.

1999, passed out of my university with a bachelor's degree in English, and also out of GNIIT. started working in a friend's firm as a computer assembler. not because i couldn't find anything better, but i simply loved being around green motherboards and silvery hard disks with rubber linings. the world of keats, shakespeare, wordsworth, and RAM, with a dash of motherboards, sound cards, network cards, wasn't that bad as a cocktail!!! :lol:

2000, got bored. this was going nowhere. i made a critical decision. i was about to throw away 4 years worth of education and work experience for a stint in Bachelor's of Science in Computers. amidst immense opposition from family and friends, i shift to bangalore to study computers again. for me it was a piece of cake. by now i could seamlessly program in 4 languages, and that too in depth. i could repair and build a pc from scratch, and yes most importantly i was getting better in networking. family and friends thought i was making the biggest mistake in life. i should have been teaching in a school on subjects like english etc etc etc. but i knew i was destined for something else :D

2003, passed out in BSc in Computers in flying colours. but then i thought what's the use in a bachelor's degree if i cannot double it up with a masters. that's it, the way to UK was made right there. i had a good academic performance on my side, on the other was the urge to learn something more in networking. got through 5 universities in UK, but could not afford the first one, so got the second one. this was the University of Greenwich. the course was MSc in Distributed Computing Systems. networking was written all over it!!! :D
landed in UK in late august. course was great, greenwich was beautiful, not to mention the night outs with friends in central london pub crawling!!! landed my first UK job in my local McDonalds. remember what we think as burger flipping...out grandfathers thought about it as "opportunity"!!!

2004, i got a new job in Fujitsu, but quickly realized that it was a call centre serving Telewest Broadband ISP. job was a piece of cake, what was strenious were the phone calls. i was already working on my project (if you have not heard about it, look into the forum under cool software, named Packet Generators). work was going on well. but the call centre job was draining my senses out of me.
2005 February 1st - i called it quits at Fujitsu, i had enough of those phone calls and an unsupporting line manager. the world came crashing down on me as i was without an stable income!!! but fate had something else in store. i got a phone call on my way back from fujitsu, while i was in a bus. they asked me if i wanted to join Marconi??!??!?! are you kidding, ofcourse!!!
2005 February 2nd - after a brief half an hour interview, i was selected to be a part of a networking team who look into networking elements in the London Underground Railway services. it's been a dream ever since.
Now, i am the manager of the same team i once joined. and ofcourse you know i have successfully completed by MSc and my project was a major success as well!!!
for old times sake, i have once again picked up the old networking books, reading in my spare time about how networks came into being, while in work i carry about improving the train radio networks, and the teresstrial networks on the Tubelines. and yes, i am also working on a PhD proposal to continue my research

So, at the end of the day...maybe it was not the biggest mistake of my life.....or was it? :wink:

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
17 years 5 months ago #18278 by havohej
Replied by havohej on topic Re: Introduce yourself
BUFF! everyone is writting a TESTAMENT!
I wil try to resume myself, and hails all in this preety site!
Im 23 years old from Quito - Ecuador south america, maybe someone recently knows the existance of my country for the great role in the world cup jejeje. very proud of course ;)

As maybe all of you Im also entirely interested in the networking area, I started also at age of 18 as a help desk, and computer techinchian, with little experience in networking, but I said this is a world of opportunities, and If you let them go, or leave you are dead!! help desk and computers was becoming quite boring, and repetitive for me, so I started to learn networking, specially cisco devices, and at my local unversity there was openning the networking academy, so I gave it a try, really when I was first crossing my CCNA1 I really men, could never imagine that It was a big door who was opening for me and 4 years later I could became the first CCNP certified, a CCIE (written aprobed), and now also CCNA, and now recently CCNP Instructor (cisco is my life stile), Thats why my friends call me CISCO KID jajaja.

Really Cisco saved my life! and It woudl be great to hear if some of you also share or lived the same as me.
My hobbies are as all of you know"chiks, beers, great partys, soccer, and the beach!" jajaja I love them.
I have a daughter with age of one year 6 months, her name is Romina, jaja I love her ;)
As berzerker TESTAMENT jaja I also like death grind, gore! black metal (die hard fan, but not as you berzer you metalhead jajaja), but Musically talking Im open Mind, jaja I also Like REGETON (dont know if it is well written, but it sounds like that), electronic music, and little salsa jaja.

I try to enjoy my self, and also the moment everywhere I go.
Im little funny, and always tryng to do some threats (just kidding) naaaah. jaja

My english Is not so good, so please excuse the mess!!

Hails all of you!!
More
17 years 5 months ago #18279 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself

..., could never imagine that It was a big door who was opening for me and 4 years later I could became the first CCNP certified, a CCIE (written aprobed), and now also CCNA, and now recently CCNP Instructor (cisco is my life stile), Thats why my friends call me CISCO KID jajaja.

Kewl, i now know where to come for help with mi CCNP, its already doin mi head in and i haven't sat my first exam yet :cry:

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18280 by havohej
Replied by havohej on topic Re: Me Finally
1983 .- I was born

1988 .- my first kiss! (little precocius)...hhmmmm Still remember her :)

1995 .- My first router a cisco 12000 !! ja ja do you know if that model already exists??

1999.- .... dont know! who knows??

JAJAJAJAJAJAAAAAAA!!
just kidding men! ja ja

the one who offends, loses!

hi all,
after much profound brain things in my head i have finally decided to disclose information about myself (by the way the starting line was a rip off from the movie Madagascar, remember the king? ) and yes, i did need permission from MI5 before doing this :D

1990, my school sent me for a introductory course on computers. i chose IBM PC against BBC Micro. reason? who knows, i really didn't have a clue what they meant, but had heard of IBM!!! that was the start of my tryst with these binary beings.
1996 passed out of high school while still dabbling with computers. by now i had tried my hand in programming in various languages like C and other bits and bobs. the idea of making a computer talk with another over a cable had already started to fascinate me. i even foolishly tried to make that happen by calling up one of my friends over a landline, and then quickly shoving the telephone cable at the back of my pc where the modem port was!!! didn't work, but that was a start of the networking bug in my head.

for some obscure reason i chose to study English Language at University level. in the mean time i enrolled for a comprehensive computer course called GNIIT. it used to be pretty good then. learnt all about MSOffice, and loads of programming languages. the concept of an IDE dawned upon me. my itch for networking pushed me to become the lab-in-charge. this gave me opportunity to muck about with the training centre network. no one would tell me anything, as if parting with any knowledge would shrivel them to death!!! anyway, that was not big enough for a setback.

1999, passed out of my university with a bachelor's degree in English, and also out of GNIIT. started working in a friend's firm as a computer assembler. not because i couldn't find anything better, but i simply loved being around green motherboards and silvery hard disks with rubber linings. the world of keats, shakespeare, wordsworth, and RAM, with a dash of motherboards, sound cards, network cards, wasn't that bad as a cocktail!!! :lol:

2000, got bored. this was going nowhere. i made a critical decision. i was about to throw away 4 years worth of education and work experience for a stint in Bachelor's of Science in Computers. amidst immense opposition from family and friends, i shift to bangalore to study computers again. for me it was a piece of cake. by now i could seamlessly program in 4 languages, and that too in depth. i could repair and build a pc from scratch, and yes most importantly i was getting better in networking. family and friends thought i was making the biggest mistake in life. i should have been teaching in a school on subjects like english etc etc etc. but i knew i was destined for something else :D

2003, passed out in BSc in Computers in flying colours. but then i thought what's the use in a bachelor's degree if i cannot double it up with a masters. that's it, the way to UK was made right there. i had a good academic performance on my side, on the other was the urge to learn something more in networking. got through 5 universities in UK, but could not afford the first one, so got the second one. this was the University of Greenwich. the course was MSc in Distributed Computing Systems. networking was written all over it!!! :D
landed in UK in late august. course was great, greenwich was beautiful, not to mention the night outs with friends in central london pub crawling!!! landed my first UK job in my local McDonalds. remember what we think as burger flipping...out grandfathers thought about it as "opportunity"!!!

2004, i got a new job in Fujitsu, but quickly realized that it was a call centre serving Telewest Broadband ISP. job was a piece of cake, what was strenious were the phone calls. i was already working on my project (if you have not heard about it, look into the forum under cool software, named Packet Generators). work was going on well. but the call centre job was draining my senses out of me.
2005 February 1st - i called it quits at Fujitsu, i had enough of those phone calls and an unsupporting line manager. the world came crashing down on me as i was without an stable income!!! but fate had something else in store. i got a phone call on my way back from fujitsu, while i was in a bus. they asked me if i wanted to join Marconi??!??!?! are you kidding, ofcourse!!!
2005 February 2nd - after a brief half an hour interview, i was selected to be a part of a networking team who look into networking elements in the London Underground Railway services. it's been a dream ever since.
Now, i am the manager of the same team i once joined. and ofcourse you know i have successfully completed by MSc and my project was a major success as well!!!
for old times sake, i have once again picked up the old networking books, reading in my spare time about how networks came into being, while in work i carry about improving the train radio networks, and the teresstrial networks on the Tubelines. and yes, i am also working on a PhD proposal to continue my research

So, at the end of the day...maybe it was not the biggest mistake of my life.....or was it? :wink:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds