Skip to main content

Introduce yourself

More
15 years 5 months ago #28074 by networkr
Replied by networkr on topic Re: Introduce yourself
hey guys,someone refered me to this forum and its great. I love the community and the willingness to help each other.
More
15 years 5 months ago #28102 by r0nni3
Replied by r0nni3 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hello every one,

My name is Ron and im a 20 year old male student.
I study network design and management.
The place where i first saw the light on this big pile of mud is called the Netherlands in a city called Breda :p

I'm currently working as a network administrator. I recently got my CCNA certification and planning to do CCNA-Security somewhere in January.
My ultimate goal is to get my hands on one of those CCIE Security certificates wich wont be anytime soon sadly :(.

I hope I can be of some help to the people here. And i hope to learn from other people's problems/solutions.

Ron.

Currently working as Cisco Engineer at Neon-Networking.

Certifications:
CCNA - Have it
CCNA Security - Have it
CCSP - Almost!!!!
CCIE Security - Not so far away dream
More
15 years 4 months ago #28617 by Kajitora
Replied by Kajitora on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hello Everyone!

My name is Charles. I am 22 and live in Phoenix, AZ, USA. I am up and coming network engineer. Currently I work in a Medium sized network (About 300 Cisco Devices). I am relatively new to networking; I got my CCNA about 8 months ago, and have Just Finished my CCNP/CCDP. I plan on having my CCIE by July.

I will do my best to contribute to the forums as well as learn from the examples of others.

~Kajitora

itgamers.blogspot.com
More
15 years 3 days ago #30265 by NeoTech
Replied by NeoTech on topic Re: Introduce yourself
It's funny reading these which were posted so long ago and seeing peoples profiles and what they have achieved since...

I guess i should do my part and introduce myself, thus re-booting this forum and encouraging newer members to share a bit about themselves too... :D

Lets see...

My name is Dave, and im from Wallasey in Northwest England.

I grew up poor (:P) and was lucky enough to be raised by my grandparents. I'd Probably be a street thug or something now otherwise, lol.
My first computer was a Sinclair ZX (48k?) Spectrum. Around the same time we had a Commodore 64 in the family. i was about 4 or 5 years old at this time lol. I was never off the things.

Growing up i didnt have many friends atall, always been a bit of a loner. I was rarely interested in the things most kids get up to and technology has been with me in some capacity all the way. Although until i was 14 it was mostly just games consoles with the exception of an Amiga 600 i got for a christmas present when i was about 10.

Aged 13 i got cancer... yea lol, was tough but i made it through.

When i was 14 (1999) i got my first PC. a Pentium II 400MHz HP Brio system. I had never owned anything so cool in my life.
I wrote to a games company called Rage games (who were responsible for Incomming amongst other games) shortly after having my PC via Email and managed to secure a work experience placement for myself testing a game with them for a week. This game was Eurofighter Typhoon. The same team did a lot of dev work on DIDs F-22 Air Dominance Fighter, a slight sim i had previously played to death. Anyways, suffice to say, i got my name in the back of the manual, my first real achievment and something i'm still proud of today.

Around 4 months later my cancer relapsed so i had to spend the next 18 months in and out of hospital again, when i eventually had a bone marrow transplant. woot, fun times lol.
Because of this i missed all but around a month of my final 3 years of schooling. Managed to pull a few D's and 1 C from my GCSEs and decided i wasnt going to bother redoing them.

I spent a few months depressed and decided to take on an NVQ in install and support of IT systems. where i learnt most of what i would call my foundation knowledge of PC hardware.
It unfortunately proved too soon and i had to pull out before i could finish the course.

I spent a couple of years being despressed and running up a few credit card bills lol buying mostly consoles and PC parts, then decided to enrol at a local learning center to do another hardware course. Suffice to say i sailed it and wound up correcting the teachers faults when he wasnt looking most of the time. (If theres one thing i hate its teachers that dont know anything). I even wrote a hand out on disk drive installation to help out fellow classmates which the tutor found offensive for some reason. I wound up getting a telling off from him over it.

Shortly before i finished, i was approached by an organisation that told me they could help pay for my education if i wanted to further it. i took them up on their offer and not knowing anything about quals at the time i started with ECDL, which is centralised around MS Office lol. While i was doing that course i found a couple of other certs i wanted to do, so i took on Microsofts MCDST along side it and once id finished them, i enrolled onto CISCO CCNA and then CompTIAs A+ course too.

That pretty much brings me up to the present, I have finished the curriculum for CCNA and CompTIA A+ and im now going over notes and things in anticipation for the exams. I still have a few weak points, namely commands and certain protocols due to lack of access to the equipment. I hear CISCO are going to change the curriculum before September so i have less than 2 months to sit the CCNA if i want to...

In the future i'd like to go for an MCSE, Microsoft being the most mainstream OS and i wouldn't mind getting to know a few Unix based systems a bit better.
Now college is almost done i can concentrate on getting a life and some work to go with it, lol.

Hey ho, back to revising my notes... See you around the boards!

P.S. Sorry for the huge post! Lol :P

Neo
Tech
More
14 years 8 months ago #31395 by 21345
Replied by 21345 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
m pranay frm india :D
pretty short intro
More
14 years 5 months ago #32602 by tc5551212
Replied by tc5551212 on topic short but direct :)
Tom from Baltimore.

Born in Scranton Pennsylvania.

Dropped out of High school in 9th grade and returned at 27 for a GED.

Was a poor lad who visited my local radio shack and goofed around on the TSR-80. Learned a little basic off the shop owner.

mt first machine was a epson equity-lt laptop that weighed more then most monitors. It has a 20 meg propritary drive and it was DOS based. I used stacker and had a handscanner working with it to file capture.

Today? I support 250 users and admin 3 RS-6000 servers.

love to crack my companys security just because it's secure and a challenge. Once cracked I help harden the vulnerability.

My skill is learned in the trenches and not in books or school and often with that I have solved a lot of issues that book learned wrote off as impossible.

I was tossed here by another visiting security vendor and as always, I am ready and willing to learn whatever I can.

Well met people!
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds