Skip to main content

Introduce yourself

More
17 years 5 months ago #18281 by havohej
Replied by havohej on topic Re: Introduce yourself

..., could never imagine that It was a big door who was opening for me and 4 years later I could became the first CCNP certified, a CCIE (written aprobed), and now also CCNA, and now recently CCNP Instructor (cisco is my life stile), Thats why my friends call me CISCO KID jajaja.

Kewl, i now know where to come for help with mi CCNP, its already doin mi head in and i haven't sat my first exam yet :cry:

Hi smurf, thanks for the reply! ;)
all questions are wellcome, and it would be great if I could help you pass the holy CCNP cert.
remeber you must burn eyelash every night to pass all the exmas.
More
17 years 5 months ago #18282 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hehe, may be doing that tonight, got an exam tomorrow and it don't look good, already planning mi diary for the re-sit, lol

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19661 by sose
Replied by sose on topic sose now appears
I was born in a crisis ridden town called Kaduna in the northern part of Nigeria and I am 30. I am the last male issue of a couple who had a middle class up bringing but personally, I enjoyed the life style of the rich from birth to my early 20s under an uncle.

I had wanted to study chemical engineering all my life but never got the chance, instead I opted for a diploma in computer science in 1996 in one of the largest university in Africa (ABU Zaria). That was when my life actually started; that was when I sprung because all the while I was just hibernating.

After the two years diploma class running Q-basic and FORTRAN programs in DOS, I opened a small business centre where I mainly use office applications to earn a livelihood. I could remember quite vividly then I had a green blanket which I use in my 4 by 10m shop partly as a cover cloth and also as a bedding to sleep in the shop after closing hours. I made it a ritual to wake up every 3.00am to surf windows.

I later got admission to study economics which I completed in a period of 4 years. The university authority gave me a degree in economics instead of computer science because I actually studied computers in school under the pretence of studying economics. After that I got enrolled into a Cisco academy because by then I had fallen in love with computers . I also spent some time with a German installer in Kaduna installing VSATs and wireless routers. After that I completed my Cisco academy successfully and had my MCP and MCDST

Nigeria as a society did not assist me in anyway, instead the society even cheated me. Nigeria is a very rich country (7th largest supplier of crude oil in the world) but close to 95% of its population is computer illiterate and a little below this percentage is living below the international poverty line , we could hardly afford to browse for long hours up till this moment, and the sadder story is that things are not likely to improve. It’s not good to have a corrupt government

All along after my B.Sc I was working with an internet café in Zaria that was where I met firewall.cx and we became very friendly, and lately ‘he’ became my best friend. If he were to be a lady I would have married her long ago

The world is actually flat, the internet provided an even ground for us to compete even though all odds are against us from poorer countries. The people we are trying to compete with have already conquered poverty and had attained centuries of production efficiency we are still battling to. Though we did our best. I feel good in my mind when I make a standard technical contribution in firewall.cx paralleling that of Arani, chris , Dalight and jwj or hear Chris say “ I quite agree with Sose” even though I have a lot to catch up with them. We lack a lot of equipments to practice on; we only see them on pictures with only one government carrier which is very inefficient. Currently I am undergoing an IT BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) training in Nigeria sponsored by IBS (International Business Solutions) in the US and Tathya in India under a name called BOSS (Business Outsourcing Solutions and Services), hoping to get high paying jobs in the US and in the UK.

One day I would have my CCIE and a professorship in internet design, and then I would change the global networking concept. I want to be a dynamic and reliable
Research networker towards the building of a network business multinal national in a challenging and competitive environment and to this I am committed.

Likes: playing scrabble (member of internet scrabble club)
Solving Algebra
Quiet milieus
Literature (literary writing)
jwj
Watching Arsenal FC

Dislikes: Very pretty ladies
Dirty toilets
Embarrassment
Waiting

I remain,
My humble self,
Sose
More
17 years 3 months ago #19663 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hi guys an girls i am new to this site which i must say is the best i have ever came across full of knowledge and people who are always willing to help.I am from Belfast and am currently working in an IT helpdesk role not ideal but at least a start in the industry. I took a course in 2005 obtaining 2MCPs as well as Comptias Network+,A+ and I.net+ i am enrolling in Sep for my CCNA which i am very much looking forward to i have a partner of 8 years with 2 children.I am 24 years old and enjoy various sports including boxing,golf and football.That pretty much sums me up keep up the good work guys.
More
17 years 2 months ago #20067 by nada83
Replied by nada83 on topic Re: Introduce yourself
hi.. im nada from indonesia.. just found this site...
:) hope can be useful in this forum

i wish i could learn a lot from anyone in here.. :)
nice to meet u all
More
17 years 2 months ago #20073 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Introduce yourself
Hi, i'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds